Software update...... not a fan

NH Hunter

Reaction score
maybe it's just me, but I've wanted to post pictures and start a couple threads. every time I do it says the picture is too large. I've shut the "live" off my iPhone so the file wasn't as large, I've tried to reduce the size of the pics to no avail. Seems as though the software update is counter productive if we can't post pictures with topics of interest.

I was actually going to post a thread about some bear claws I cleaned, and shined up. I was looking for some ideas as to what could be done to them next. Hope someone can work the bugs out.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I agree. This new format is great except for the picture stuff. I have been shut down on all my pictures since the "upgrade" Tends to make me (and others) not want to participate.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
maybe it's just me, but I've wanted to post pictures and start a couple threads. every time I do it says the picture is too large. I've shut the "live" off my iPhone so the file wasn't as large, I've tried to reduce the size of the pics to no avail. Seems as though the software update is counter productive if we can't post pictures with topics of interest.

I was actually going to post a thread about some bear claws I cleaned, and shined up. I was looking for some ideas as to what could be done to them next. Hope someone can work the bugs out.
I email the pics from my phone to home computer. I save them to "pictures". I then reduce the size of them and post. I think you have to download an app if you want to do it from your phone.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Too much work compared to before where it simply accessed your phone’s “album”
I rarely use my PC except for bill paying and such.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Too much work compared to before where it simply accessed your phone’s “album”
I rarely use my PC except for bill paying and such.
You must have better eyes than me. I hate using my phone to go online for anything.
I want to see it on the BIG screen ! :)

I do what Longbow does. I send the pics to my email then save them in my picture folder.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I have an iPhone and a iMac. my pictures save automatically from my phone to my PC. When you email them, do you put "small" for the size of pics in email?

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I have an iPhone and a iMac. my pictures save automatically from my phone to my PC. When you email them, do you put "small" for the size of pics in email?
I dont have as iphone . I have an android. I haven't seen anything that gives me the option for what size to send them to my email .I always have to resize them on my computer.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I put medium. When you go into your pics on PC, right click on a pic, edit, resize by percentage. I usually put 50/50 in, that will make them 50% smaller.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I just figured out a way to do it all from my iPhone...posted a pic from my phones album.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I put medium. When you go into your pics on PC, right click on a pic, edit, resize by percentage. I usually put 50/50 in, that will make them 50% smaller.
I have an iMac. There is no "right click". it's safari not windows.

Bill/NH

Reaction score
I email the pics from my phone to home computer. I save them to "pictures". I then reduce the size of them and post. I think you have to download an app if you want to do it from your phone.
Too much bullshit to do when just want to post a hunting pic!!!! I'm fucking done relearning how to do shit just cause some friggin computer nerd thinks shit will get better if he changes shit or needs to change BS for job security!!!!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Too much bullshit to do when just want to post a hunting pic!!!! I'm fucking done relearning how to do shit just cause some friggin computer nerd thinks shit will get better if he changes shit or needs to change BS for job security!!!!
Soooooo just to be clear....... Are you saying you're not a fan of the upgrade??(n) But did you see all the new emojis? Aren't you worried about how many "likes" you get? Don't they just validate your soul? LOL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bill/NH

Reaction score
Shawn, we go through this update BS all the time at work!!!! I understand the need to update to a point, however what the technonerds don't understand is that I didn't grow up with this stuff and my learning curve is way different than theirs. What may come natural to them is a pain in the ass for me. They want me to be sensitive to their sensitivity, all I would like from them is a narrative on how to navigate the basic shit I need to do my job without becoming totally frustrated trying to figure it out before I finally get there. We have several members here that have explained different ways to do get to where you need to go with posting threads and pics, I would rather have had Alex write a narrative on these two basic items instead of telling us how easy everything would be and how I would ENJOY the changes that the upgrade would bring more than I would enjoy the invention of sliced bread!!!! That being said it is not my site and I am not required to participate, again however, I feel like I do have a two cent opinion for being here off and on(mostly off now) for the past 16 years. I know, seniority doesn't count anymore!!!!;):cool:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry Bill, your reaction score is pretty low. In order for your opinion and seniority to count, I'm afraid you will have to post more pictures and receive more likes.

Bill/NH

Reaction score
Sorry Bill, your reaction score is pretty low. In order for your opinion and seniority to count, I'm afraid you will have to post more pictures and receive more likes.
I'm going John Wayne on you Mark!!!! "That'll be the day pilgrim!!!!"🤠

Bet you didn't know John Wayne always used four exclamation points as well!!!!;)

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Shawn, we go through this update BS all the time at work!!!! I understand the need to update to a point, however what the technonerds don't understand is that I didn't grow up with this stuff and my learning curve is way different than theirs. What may come natural to them is a pain in the ass for me. They want me to be sensitive to their sensitivity, all I would like from them is a narrative on how to navigate the basic shit I need to do my job without becoming totally frustrated trying to figure it out before I finally get there. We have several members here that have explained different ways to do get to where you need to go with posting threads and pics, I would rather have had Alex write a narrative on these two basic items instead of telling us how easy everything would be and how I would ENJOY the changes that the upgrade would bring more than I would enjoy the invention of sliced bread!!!! That being said it is not my site and I am not required to participate, again however, I feel like I do have a two cent opinion for being here off and on(mostly off now) for the past 16 years. I know, seniority doesn't count anymore!!!!;):cool:
I just want to make sure you didn't miss the sarcasm in my comment.

Bill/NH

Reaction score
I just want to make sure you didn't miss the sarcasm in my comment.
Sarcasm???? What sarcasm???? Actually I didn't miss it Shawn, just didn't want my reaction score to go any lower by commenting!!!! I bet you didn't miss my sarcasm????

Latest posts