So Sat. what a day

12 ring

Reaction score
My son was up for thanksgiving from Fla. and we went out to Monticello Friday and did a little hunting. We saw nothing and decided to go home and get a good nights sleep and figure out the rest of the weekend. So Sat. I wake up just as it was starting to get light outside. I said to my son why don't you take my crossbow and climb up in my stand out back in the lower 40 Ac. He thought for about 2 seconds and was up and getting dressed I got my bow for him. ( Crossbows are legal for anyone to use in this free state).Off he goes I go up and check my e-mail 15 min. latter the phone rings and its my son. Dad come help me drag this deer out. So I get dressed and off I go. this is what he got in 10 min on my stand.

So off we go to the butcher. On the way home he takes a wrong turn and we are lost. We drive for about 1/2 half hour and I say hey I know where we are and off we go to get home. My son stops and asks this guy picking up his trash can if he would mind if we hunted out back of his place. The guy says I only own 2 Ac. the man next door owns 30 ac. so off we go. Now this guy has a gated driveway and my son rings the bell. he asks for the land owner by name and the gate opens and we drive in. Out walks a guy and I say he surly looks familiar any way my son says we was talking to your next door neighbor and he said you may not mind if we hunt here. He thought for a min and sure why not. He said he used to hunt back there but he is so busy coaching baseball it doesn't leave him much time. He loves venison though. So off we go get out stuff at home and head back in to the land. We hadn't got 100 yards from his house and jump 4 deer. (This is getting longer then I intended so I'll cut to the chase.) Anyway I really don't want a doe I have plenty of meat now, but I think if a doe comes out I'll shoot it get it processed and give the whole thing to the land owner for letting us hunt here. Sure enough I shoot a doe. I get back to the truck and put my stuff away and got to go back and get the deer and the land owner comes and says giving up I said I got a doe and he is more excited the I am. And all of a sudden POW I get my cart and go see what my son got. Another beautiful Buck. So all and all it was a great Sat.

jamiebuck

Reaction score
There we go mike congrats s to you and your son ,great way to get friendly with the land owner little deer meat