Snow conditions

Snowed

Reaction score
Good evening folks. I hope everyone is having a great season. My kids have had success and now I’m going to take some time for myself. I was thinking of going up to the Eustis/Rangeley area this weekend, possible Thursday night and hunt Friday and Saturday. How is the snow up there this week? Did it get rained on and turn to crust?

Thank you, good luck and shoot straight.

WetWool

Reaction score
There is snow but pretty old at this point. If you can adjust schedule, weatherman hinting at a pretty good storm for the north on Sunday. Guys off the fourth week will do very well. Good luck.

Snowed

Reaction score
Self employed- very flexible (The only benefit). Thanks for the help. I’ll probably do that.

johnrr65

Reaction score
There is snow but pretty old at this point. If you can adjust schedule, weatherman hinting at a pretty good storm for the north on Sunday. Guys off the fourth week will do very well. Good luck.
+1

WetWool

Reaction score
Not sure if this changes anything for you Snowed, but weatherman has backed off snow predicts to 1-3" for Sunday. Good luck on your trip.

Snowed

Reaction score
Thank you for the update. It won’t change anything. Although I love fresh snow, i don’t really need it. I don’t pretend to be a tracker. I’d rather not hunt on crust. Good luck to you

JDK

Reaction score
We had a foot all week at camp and the deer were definitely headed to the yards. Ideal condition right now

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
The snow in Jackman has a very hard crust on top. It's extremely noisy. I only saw one doe all day

Snowed

Reaction score
That’s too bad. Thank you for the update. Going up Tuesday.

WetWool

Reaction score
You should be in business Snowed, 6-8" in Rangeley yesterday according to news, another 6" fo Wednesday night / Thursday morning, new moon this week, I see a 200 pounder in your future!

Snowed

Reaction score
I like your thinking! So exactly what time should I expect to put my hands on this big fella?! Should I sleep in or get up early? Thanks for the update. I’m glad I waited a week.

WetWool

Reaction score
I like your thinking! So exactly what time should I expect to put my hands on this big fella?! Should I sleep in or get up early? Thanks for the update. I’m glad I waited a week.
I much prefer morning over afternoon, leaves a lot more time for beer drinking after you shoot the big one! lol

groundtender

Reaction score
JDK - Looks ominous for my plans to hunt MZ week up your way. Maybe by some miracle some of that depth will get settled down by then.

JDK

Reaction score
Depending on who you listen to, another 6-9 predicted for Wednesday. Right now it is hard going mainly because of the frozen crap under what we got last night.

groundtender

Reaction score
Ordered a new set of chains last night. Amazon says they will be here Wednesday. Sled may come into play. Or stay home!!