Signs of Fall

JDK

Reaction score
Can't believe I am saying this already...

Leaves are starting to yellow off.
Oat fields are turning yellow, a sign that harvest isn't too far away.
A good number of the salmon we are catching have darkened up and have a very pronounced kype.
Choke cherries and mountain ash (loaded by the way) are ripening.
Wild flowers in the fields are going by and a lot of the grasses have that Fall look to them.
Farm stands selling new potatoes are popping up everywhere.
Combines are showing up in farmer's parking lots.

It is coming

WetWool

Reaction score
Alot of acorns and beechnuts down here Jay, time to hang the cameras, should be a good one.

JJM6

Reaction score
I hate to wish the summer away but love that first hint of fall air. I can almost smell it now.
Hunting in NC the last week of October and returning Saturday 1st day of NH ML. I'll be out there Sunday morning for sure!

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I hate to wish the summer away but love that first hint of fall air. I can almost smell it now.
Hunting in NC the last week of October and returning Saturday 1st day of NH ML. I'll be out there Sunday morning for sure!
That’s a good variety.

This summer in general has sucked weather wise here. I’m fine if it ends. If it’s going to be marginal and wet, I might as well be able to hunt.

NH-Archer

Reaction score
Cool evenings... our tree, leaves are changing color... love it!!!

tobydog

Reaction score
That’s a good variety.

This summer in general has sucked weather wise here. I’m fine if it ends. If it’s going to be marginal and wet, I might as well be able to hunt.
Agree, weather has been bad for us too. I was up in southern Maine for the las three days with my wife and we actually lucked out with no rain. I was shocked.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Agree, weather has been bad for us too. I was up in southern Maine for the las three days with my wife and we actually lucked out with no rain. I was shocked.
Yes, it’s been beautiful the last few days. I think I read on the NWS that Portland had 13 inches of rain in July. 19 days of rain. One day above 80, and none above 90. Makes me want to sell my boat. I have spent more time uncovering it only to recover it 15 minutes later due to rain than I have actually used it.

tobydog

Reaction score
Yes, it’s been beautiful the last few days. I think I read on the NWS that Portland had 13 inches of rain in July. 19 days of rain. One day above 80, and none above 90. Makes me want to sell my boat. I have spent more time uncovering it only to recover it 15 minutes later due to rain than I have actually used it.
I don't blame you. I was just saying to a friend the other day that I look forward to the Fall a lot more since getting rid of my pontoon boat. Between not having to deal with leaves (no more of those either since I moved) and the boat, I have a lot more time to spend on other things.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I picked the wrong summer to make a stock tank pool for my grandkids…since the 90’s we had early on, it’s been wet and cool. I have had to empty the pool several times as it was going to overflow with the rain.
It’s a 700 gallon galvanized stock tank with a nice little Hayward sand filter setup…
Kids loved it!😍 (From tractor supply)

JDK

Reaction score
My wife and I went for a walk last night and saw a doe with 2 fawns. They were the first fawns that I have seen this year that did not have spots. They were actually fairly large deer and looked great.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
There is a bachelor group of bucks that comes and cleans up the early dropping apples in the field almost every night. Skidding out firewood today I could hear a few oaks dropping surplus acorns. Couple nights in the forties last week, its coming!

Latest posts