Shot my first male/female Woody combo

Lavman

Reaction score
This season marks my 11th season of duck hunting. In all these seasons this is the very first time I have ever shot a male Wood Duck and I must say, I think it is the most colorful and striking of all the ducks. I was lucky enough to bag this male/female combo in one incoming swoop. Fired 3 shots and dropped these two Woodies. (Sorry pics are not from the marsh, forgot my damn phone at the house in the morning, guess I was excited to get into the marsh opening morning)

post images

image sharing

photo hosting

I have them in a bag in the freezer, was going to have them mounted as a pair but after looking into cost for mounting two it would be $750 for the pair, think I will thaw them out and eat 'em instead ;)

tobydog

Reaction score
at that price I'd eat them too...:) maybe shop around a bit...might be someone out there who'll do it for less

totalyirish5

Reaction score
My first duck was a drake woodie. My brother shot the hen and me the drake. We had the same thoughts of a mount until we saw the price

sethdeyo

Reaction score
Congrats on the drake! No matter how many of them I shoot I always take a few extra seconds to admire them. Beautiful bird!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
The older I get the happier I am to see myself getting a woody!!
Haahahahaaha....... When my wife gives me the "not tonight", I've been telling her she better not waste them ,I'm not getting any younger. I give her a second and third chance explaining "this might be the last one, you never know". Just for the record.......it doesn't work.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
haahahahaaha....... When my wife gives me the "not tonight", i've been telling her she better not waste them ,i'm not getting any younger. I give her a second and third chance explaining "this might be the last one, you never know". Just for the record.......it doesn't work.
lmao....