Shockwave

JDK

Reaction score
Two (2) 777 pellets, 250 gr. Shockwave. Deer at 40 yards. Broke one shoulder and found in the chest cavity.

Thought?

IMG_0426.jpg

JDK

Reaction score
In my Omega, that load shoots to one ragged hole at 75 yards. Even though the deer is dead, I'll admit that I am not impressed with the this bullet's performance at all.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Is it possible the bullet hit brush and began tumbling before it hit the deer? I wouldn't e happy with that performance either. Something funky happened for the bullet to be dented like that.

SwampSavage

Reaction score
I've had the same outcomes with shockwaves I recovered on the opposite side of the hide. I switched to federal bore/Locs and the results this season were great

NH Hunter

Reaction score
From bottom to top ......first 3 are from a ML. 2 & 3 are hornaday 240 grain, #4 is a hornaday 30.06 recovered from my moose seems to be a pattern starting with the shockwaves.IMG_0522.jpg

Escout711

Reaction score
I've had the same outcomes with shockwaves I recovered on the opposite side of the hide. I switched to federal bore/Locs and the results this season were great
I saw those, and they looked really awesome. I like that they are full .50 caliber. Thanks for the recommendation, I think I will tinker with them this offseason!

JDK

Reaction score
Thanks all.

I'll play around with something different this off season. The Shockwaves are a bear to load in my rifle also. They are extremely accurate however and with 2 pellets is is so simple.

Escout711

Reaction score
Thanks all.

I'll play around with something different this off season. The Shockwaves are a bear to load in my rifle also. They are extremely accurate however and with 2 pellets is is so simple.

Do you have a Thompson? Thompson muzzys suck to load. I gave up on my Omega and picked up a CVA for this very reason.

Remi

Reaction score
I have an Omega and a CVA. The Omega, with shockwaves, is a bit snug on the first shot then progressively gets harder unless I swab between shots (with pellets) but it's an unbelievably different animal with BH209. Another option is to try different sabots - try using crushed-rib sabots with those shockwaves, it may be the ticket for ya.

JDK

Reaction score
Do you have a Thompson? Thompson muzzys suck to load. I gave up on my Omega and picked up a CVA for this very reason.
Yup, TC Omega. The shockwaves load like greased lightening in Matt's Remington.

But the truth of the matter is I'm far less concerned about loading (maybe I shouldn't be) than I am with bullet performance.

Remi

Reaction score
Yup, TC Omega. The shockwaves load like greased lightening in Matt's Remington.

But the truth of the matter is I'm far less concerned about loading (maybe I shouldn't be) than I am with bullet performance.
Different sabots will affect how the bullets fly and group too. I'd be happy to send you a handful of crushed-ribs if you wanna try them - see if those ragged holes dissapear.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I was just complaining about these things. My son shot and missed, although I'm not 100% it was a miss, because I can NEVER get a blood trail with these things.