Shiloh Pond purchase

shadow

Reaction score
I’ve done some digging in the past about the High Peaks Alliance mainly because I’ve done allot of hiking in the Bigelow Range and they are involved in that. I see now that they look to be in the final stages of purchasing the area around Shiloh. For those of you involved in conservation work in Maine what’s the scoop with this organization? Do they have a good relationship with traditional use organizations in regard to hunting, fish and trapping? In my prior digging I never did get a clear picture.

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve done some digging in the past about the High Peaks Alliance mainly because I’ve done allot of hiking in the Bigelow Range and they are involved in that. I see now that they look to be in the final stages of purchasing the area around Shiloh. For those of you involved in conservation work in Maine what’s the scoop with this organization? Do they have a good relationship with traditional use organizations in regard to hunting, fish and trapping? In my prior digging I never did get a clear picture.
As far as I can tell, yes, good on hunting & fishing. I'm unsure about trapping.
I learned of them from Roger Lambert, who is a founding member and long time moose guide in the region.
scroll down here- https://highpeaksalliance.org/high-peaks-initiative/

Walks in woods

Reaction score
It's backed by Steven Rinella, you may have heard his name. Has meat eater on netflix, couple NYT best sellers on wild game cooking. Here is a link to his website. Part of their 'put your money where your mouth is' . Steve et al. preach conservation and ethics, Ryan “Cal” Callaghan has personally visited the area to give it a once over.

You can buy a boat from the show, and other gear in an auction to help support the purchase, or buy their merch.

Latest posts