Shed Hunting

Davey

Reaction score
Last week I took a day off to hit the woods in search of sheds. It was pouring rain out but that never stops me. Well this was probably my 7th or 8th time out this year and I was starting to get a little frustrated on not finding anything. About an hour into it I stumpled upon my best find ever, my first matched set lay before me. Both sides were laying about two feet away from each other, they were very fresh with no chew marks on them. The sheds have eight points and have a very wide spread. It was hard to concentrate shed hunting the rest of the morning holding on to the antlers. If that is the only find I have all season then I'll be more than happy.

Davey

Bill M

Reaction score
Davey, post some pics when you get a chance. I haven't got out myself but plan on it when I can get a chance. I am working 7 days a week right now replumbing some of our camps. I have soldered so much pipe in the last couple of week that is what I see when I go to bed at night.

lil John

Reaction score
I haven't been out looking for a few weeks, I did find 3 sheds this year though, a heavy half of a 10 pt., a nice half of an 8, and a small half of a 10 pt..

Here is whats left to my pile after giving @ half of them away and having a few knives made by LEB.

woodseye

Reaction score
I go to my free webspace I get from the provider I have and right click on a pic and when properties come up I highlite and copy. Than I paste the properties in my post with behind. When I submit the post the pic pops up. Here are a couple sheds from up here.....

Attachments

Beagler

Reaction score
Nice finds woodseye! Davey all the hours put into it....makes it worth it when ya find a matched set! Would love to see pics!

Attachments

Beagler

Reaction score
No, southern Maine actually, but do ALOT of hunting in northern Maine.

woodseye

Reaction score
Well let me agree with Don and welcome you to the site and invite you to post up and tell us a little about yourself. Rabbit and Deer hunting are popular past times with members here and trapping is a way of life for many up here. That bobcat was trapped on Mattawamkeag Lake down at the throughfare near Island Falls.

woods

Latest posts