Set up a stand and created a mock scrape

bossmg2000

Reaction score
Being new to hunting I screw up with finding scrapes. I think my biggest problem is I need a trail cam to see if what I think is a scrape gets activity. Its limes like this I wish I had been shown all this as a kid! lol

oneshott

Banned
Reaction score
Being new to hunting I screw up with finding scrapes. I think my biggest problem is I need a trail cam to see if what I think is a scrape gets activity. Its limes like this I wish I had been shown all this as a kid! lol

look for a hoof print in the scrape, look to see how clean the scrape is (meaning leaves and debris on it), look to see if there is an over hanging branch, and look for fresh rub or rubs close to it.
If you think it is inactive, you can make an effort to bring activity to it by using various scrape scents and over hanging branch scents.

bigbore442001

Reaction score
I went out this morning to my stand and scrape set up. It was very windy to say the least so I more or less ground hunted a bit. I did take down my trail camera that was overlooking a scrape. I got two pictures of myself and one of another hunter.

I will hunt Sunday morning in one area nearby this spot and then that is it for the year. Unless I happen to get something Sunday AM I seriously doubt I will spend the money for a non resident RI license again.

bigrak

Reaction score
Well. I hunted the AM this Sunday. Again nothing. No sign of any kind. I am starting to wonder if I wasted nearly 100 bucks.

Nearly 100 bucks for "non working pee"??? :eek:
I found a scrape , then made one 5ft. away with my rubber boots and I peed in it. The Next day I found a new scrape the same size another 5ft. away. So my pee worked, I can sell you "working pee" at a bargain for half the price if interested.:cool:

SNOWSHOE

Reaction score
i heard alot of people here using there own urine in a scrape, i realy think your all out of your mind,deer may seem to investigate it sure, but if a buck sticks his nose in it, your busted , human oder is human oder period,

bigbore442001

Reaction score
I should clarify the $100 comment. That is what I nearly paid for my RI non resident hunting license and two muzzleloader tags( one antlered and one antlerless). This is the third time I have been skunked in the Ocean State. Never again.

Latest posts