School trip / Sporting lodge recommendations.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
My daughter is an 8th grader this year. In normal years they take a class trip to NYC for 4 days. Obviously that's not going to happen even in June of 2021, so I've been trying to come up with an idea for their trip based on guidelines we are all dealing with.

Then I saw a couple posts in here about northern Maine and it got me thinking about looking into a sporting camp that could host 33 kids for 3 nights /4 days with decent lodging and meals. I'm sure such a place exists , but I'd appreciate some recommendations if anyone has any. I thought it'd be great if the kids could see some moose, do some fishing, hanging around a camp fire at night, and some canoeing.

My thought was the camp would be beyond happy as it would keep them booked in a time they are probably empty. The cost figured into the NYC trip is 650.00 per kid. That includes busing, hotel, and whatever activities they used to plan. I have to think that would be more than enough of a budget to pull this off.

JDK

Reaction score
You might consider the New England Outdoor Center in Millinocket (on Millinocket Lake). Tons of outdoor stuff to do and they cater to this kind of thing. Matt Polestien is the owner. In that area there is Katahdin Area Trails, Penobscot River Trails, Baxter State Park, East and West Branch of the Penobscot, and Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.

You might also consider Mount Chase Lodge. They have switched a big portion of their focus to adventure tourism.

groundtender

Reaction score
Good suggestions by JDK. You might also try OMM Outfitters. They have alot of experience with groups of kids that may not appear on website. “Hooked on Fishing, Not on Drugs” for example.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
You might consider the New England Outdoor Center in Millinocket (on Millinocket Lake). Tons of outdoor stuff to do and they cater to this kind of thing. Matt Polestien is the owner. In that area there is Katahdin Area Trails, Penobscot River Trails, Baxter State Park, East and West Branch of the Penobscot, and Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.

You might also consider Mount Chase Lodge. They have switched a big portion of their focus to adventure tourism.
I was hoping you would chime in. Thanks Jay I'll look into them.

Snowed

Reaction score
Great suggestion by JDK. Plenty of things to do with a variety for everyone.

Latest posts