Sable hunting in Siberia.

Vladimir

Reaction score
The most valuable fur-bearing animal in Siberia is the Sable. I want to share my experience of hunting it. It is not found anywhere except in Siberia. Hunting for it opens in the second half of October or early
November
Sable is extracted in two ways. The first with working dogs huskies. Second, using solovushek traps, colemak. This is a real taiga
commercial hunting. Dogs are hunted until there is a lot of snow, and the dogs can't move on it, this is
drive the animal on derovo and keep it until the hunter approaches. Such dogs are worth their weight in gold. Along the way, they hunt squirrels with Sables.
It is also sought and driven up a tree and barks, as well as sable. The hunter remains to approach and take the animal with an accurate shot. This hunt is interesting and emotional.
The hunter is constantly on the move, exploring different places, learning something new, gets a big boost of energy by getting the animal.
When there is a lot of snow and the dog can not move, it will be reborn into traps. This is a trap trade. This is also very interesting, you need to set the traps correctly.
And it is very interesting to check them and wonder at the tricks of the Sables. Here who will outplay whom. This very develops the hunter need to use wit.
Along the way, hunting Sable and checking traps, you also get other animals-capercaillie grouse or grouse. You can go skiing or Snowmobiling on putiki,
if you made a road for him in advance.

Attachments

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
The most valuable fur-bearing animal in Siberia is the Sable. I want to share my experience of hunting it. It is not found anywhere except in Siberia. Hunting for it opens in the second half of October or early
November
Sable is extracted in two ways. The first with working dogs huskies. Second, using solovushek traps, colemak. This is a real taiga
commercial hunting. Dogs are hunted until there is a lot of snow, and the dogs can't move on it, this is
drive the animal on derovo and keep it until the hunter approaches. Such dogs are worth their weight in gold. Along the way, they hunt squirrels with Sables.
It is also sought and driven up a tree and barks, as well as sable. The hunter remains to approach and take the animal with an accurate shot. This hunt is interesting and emotional.
The hunter is constantly on the move, exploring different places, learning something new, gets a big boost of energy by getting the animal.
When there is a lot of snow and the dog can not move, it will be reborn into traps. This is a trap trade. This is also very interesting, you need to set the traps correctly.
And it is very interesting to check them and wonder at the tricks of the Sables. Here who will outplay whom. This very develops the hunter need to use wit.
Along the way, hunting Sable and checking traps, you also get other animals-capercaillie grouse or grouse. You can go skiing or Snowmobiling on putiki,
if you made a road for him in advance.
Those look a lot like our pine martens. Do they chase and kill squirrels? That is what ours do.

Vladimir

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "длинный лук, пост: 630855, участник: 73647"]
Они очень похожи на наши сосновые куницы. Они преследуют и убивают белок? Это то, что делают наши.
[/ QUOTE]
Да, соболь принадлежит к ордену Мартенса. Но это только черный в Сибири

Vladimir

Reaction score
Yes, sable belongs to the order of Martens. But it is only black in Siberia

Vladimir

Reaction score
Black sables matter...;)
If you don't know, sable is the most valuable fur in the world. there are a lot of Martens everywhere and there is no special value in them. It is an expensive trophy. Sable fur is a natural luxury, given to us by nature itself. Since ancient times, this furry animal was considered the most valuable in Russia, its fur for centuries was the most important part of the country's exports. Sable fur coats could only be worn by the wealthiest and noblest people, and they were often presented as gifts to the rulers of other States.The difficulty of the extraction.
Sable hunting is a very time-consuming activity. Its population is small, and the animal itself is cautious and secretive. It lives in hard-to-reach places with a harsh climate, almost 90% of which are located on the territory of Russia. The most valuable is the Barguzinsky sable, which lives in the area of lake Baikal. Trapping fur animals lasts 3 months: from October to December. Breeding in the conditions of animal farms requires considerable maintenance costs, but the skins of Sables grown in captivity are inferior in quality to those obtained in nature. The increase in livestock is very slow, which also increases the cost of sable fur.

High wear resistance.
The wearability of fur is one of the most important indicators that affect the cost of the product. In sable fur, it is one of the highest — almost 95%. For comparison, this indicator for lynx fur is 80%, for European mink-50-55%, and for chinchilla-only 20%. Sable hairs are very tightly attached to the skin and are practically not subject to loss. Sable fur coats with careful wear and proper care serve their owners for 10-15 years, without losing their original appearance.

Features of fur.
When evaluating the quality of the sable skin, the density, softness and Shine of the pile, the length of the remaining hair, and the density of the undercoat are taken into account. High-end fur looks luxurious. It is lush, silky and very light, perfectly retains heat. Sable fur coats flow in soft folds, Shine and shimmer with different shades, surrounding the owner with a magical aura.

The presence of gray hair.
The most valuable is considered to be gray or silver sable. Gray hair is called the presence of silver-white hairs in its skin. It is found only in animals extracted in natural conditions, so this fur is valued much higher. The amount of gray hair is different, professionals divide sable skins into 5 levels: in the first only up to 10% of light hairs, and in the fifth — up to 50%. The price of sable fur varies 4-5 times, respectively. Products of the 5th level of silver are rarely on sale, because of the high cost, manufacturers prefer to sew them to order. I saw Sables with gray hair. But this is rare. BLACK SABLES ARE OF GREAT IMPORTANCE AND HUNTERS AND TRADESMEN KNOW THIS. PEOPLE come from other countries to live in a hut in the taiga and experience the real Russian taiga hunting. Where the outcome of the hunt depends on you and there are no villages within a radius of 100 kilometers, and around the taiga and winter. These are the most expensive trophies that you get in the wild. And not the one when they bring you to the feeder, sit on the lab and you shoot a half-domesticated bear baited by the huntsman as in a shooting range or a boar and rejoice in such a trophy. For me this is not hunting but killing.

Last edited:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! I had no idea about how valuable sable is. "The sable coat, in particular, is a symbol of status and is one of the most coveted types of fur coats. There are American and Canadian versions of the sable coat, but the Russian version is the most valuable. Prices for the full-length Siberian sable fur coat today can cost around $100,000 or 3,185,850 rubles.".

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Anyone seen this? Its awesome:

Vladimir

Reaction score
Anyone seen this? Its awesome:

Yes, this is a very interesting film. I recommend that you watch it. I watched it myself.

Vladimir

Reaction score
Vladimir. What is the value of 1 properly dried and stretched sable when sold to a fur buyer?
Sables are taken by land tenants from hunters. They lower their prices by a lot. This year, I don't know how much it will cost. And they Take it dried inexpensively, and then sell it at auctions for up to $ 1500. prices for sable reach even higher. Depends on the quality of the sable. But this is gossip, I haven't been to auctions. A beautiful sable hat in Russia costs 50,000 rubles or more, and this is 2-3 skins. I have at home there are 8 skins from the last hunt, and sable with gray hair is the most expensive. I wasn't in the sable trade. We sell the skins of Sables but it's mink raised in captivity. Wild sable goes abroad

Vladimir

Reaction score
I'm going to go sable fishing this fall. We rented a plot in the taiga. But for me, the main thing is hunting and the process.Together with a friend, we were asked by hunters from Germany to hunt and live in the taiga. But I don't know how it's going to work out yet. But to have a cap made of wild sable extracted independently is prestigious)

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I found this movie for you in English. See how Russian Siberians live.
After watching " Spring Part 1 " , I had to watch all the rest . Summer Autumn and Winter.
Absolutely amazing how those people live and it shows how much we take for granted .

Latest posts