S.d. card reader.

Flatlander

Reaction score
What's a good one. Are the ones that plug into a phone any good. I have an Android S6, I like the idea of a small pocket size reader.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
I have the little one that plugs into an iPhone...its great. Not sure if the same thing applies to Androids. Just gotta be mindful of your phone memory if you don't have much....

longbow

Reaction score
Why a camera ?
I have several small cameras already that take cards for pictures, so no need to go out and buy a card reader.

Take your card out of the trail camera, put in your camera, look at the pictures, delete the pictures(if you want to), and then place the card back in trail camera.

longbow

Reaction score
I may have to pick up one of those card readers. Probably nice viewing it on your phone instead of that little camera screen that I use.

lester2

Reaction score
I use one made by Bone View on my iPhone. They make an android version too. Works great!

longbow

Reaction score
I use one made by Bone View on my iPhone. They make an android version too. Works great!
I just watched someone using that one on youtube. Looks good. The screen on the little camera I usually use is too small. I usually just pull the card out of the camera and put a new one in and view at home on my computer, but something like the Bone View would be nice when I want to look at the pictures right in the field.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Will the phone ones play videos? More importantly will they play videos from the full HD quality of the Brownings? I couldn't use the WGI viewer for Browning cameras is the only reason I ask.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I use a Kingston MobileLite G3. It reads SD cards and sends the pics to your phone wirelessly via its own
APP. It is also a battery charger that can charge an iPhone twice on one charge of its battery. It does other stuff too but I Basically use it as a reader.
So far it has worked flawlessly but one quirk...you have to clear the cache of memory each time you use it from the APP or you get pics you already looked at. Pretty good tech help from their 800 number too.
Very easy and quick to do this so I put up with that quirk.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Just ordered a "new" Bone View on Amazon. The new version also has a USB connector built in for computer viewing. The one I have now works good but it is bigger and I like the smaller profile of the BV.
The cams I put out today will soak for a week before I check them...

kevin in nh

Reaction score
I bought the bone view and I cant get it to open any video except on one sd card and get this only one picture on the card that has 4 videos?

mowbizz

Reaction score
I bought the bone view and I cant get it to open any video except on one sd card and get this only one picture on the card that has 4 videos?
My Bone View opened all the videos from my new Browning cam. Haven’t tried video on any of my older cams.

MGK

Reaction score
I see you have an Android so I’m of no help but for anyone reading this thread with an iPhone, the apple SD card reader has treated me very well. I’m on year#3 with mine and it has been abused.