Rut tracker

Zach

Reaction score
I’ve seen a few of these kicking around the web. Just a place I figure we can mention what we see in the woods as the rut starts to turn up.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
I live in northwest vermont. I went out last friday as the low pressure system was pushing through (10/18), and came across two dead fresh scrapes, first ones of the season for me. Then sunday (10/20) saw a 2.5yo 6 pointer still just feeding through the oaks with a spike horn, wasn't acting dominate or anything yet, but I'm sure the pre-rut is starting. More bucks seemed to be getting checked in at the local check in stations after that low pressure system pushed through.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Got a text from a buddy I hunt with Sunday morning......."look at this scrape!!! Holy shit there's 4 more and two rubs!!!" One of the other guys has a picture of two 8 pointers tangling asses last week as well.

Zach

Reaction score
I hunt southern Maine (steep falls/standish). Been going out twice a week to check cameras and once a week to move them around. Not seeing any scrapes yet. After hearing from many people online they are seeing scrapes I looked high and low with no luck. Went for a 3 mile round trip hike. Found a couple of areas with lots of rubs. One just over the line of posted land. 2 pictures I got on 10/12 had a large 6 point and a small 6 point together (posted in pictures/ trail cam section). I set 2 cameras near worked up trees. I will get the pictures (if any) Thursday.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Who needs a tracker, when studies show it's about the same timeframe year after year.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I am down in NJ, but last week while hiking I watched a decent 6 pointer dogging a doe. He ran her by me within thirty yards and did not care in the least bit that I was there. I saw them for about 100 yards of chasing and he was on her good so no mistaking what was going on. I only wished he grunted a few times I enjoy hearing that on the very rare occasion I get to hear it. Also found a couple scrapes and several rubs.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
buddy of mine told me last night he was sitting at his kitchen table and looked out the back door and there was a small racked buck (1.5-2.5yo) cruising through his woods. Just marching them off, nose 12" off the ground. Like LB said, youngin's are starting to feel a tingle.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
A really nice 9 pointer got hit this morning in front of the driveway to our deer camp. Damn shame!

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Damn ! What a shame ! That car maybe just took out the best deer in that area !

Thats a big buck for Vermont

Mikejd

Reaction score
I spent 3 days at my ADK camp last week for the Muzzy opener. Covered a lot of miles seeing what was going on. No buck sign whatsoever and very little deer sign at all. Not much going on on my cameras either. Have to see what the next few weeks bring.

longbow

Reaction score
I spent 3 days at my ADK camp last week for the Muzzy opener. Covered a lot of miles seeing what was going on. No buck sign whatsoever and very little deer sign at all. Not much going on on my cameras either. Have to see what the next few weeks bring.
snow.