Russell Report 2018

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Great report and three awesome bucks. Congratulations! You will certainly remember 2018! Good luck next year.

Snowed

Reaction score
Congratulations on a great trip! You boys had great success. Something tells me by the write up and the pictures that the deer hanging on the pole were only a small part of the success. You guys definitely earned it this year with the deep snow and the temperatures. Thank you for taking us along with you. Something tells me I’ll be reading this a few more times before next November. You guys could definitely put your stories into a book. I would be in line to buy one. If I could make one recommendation, could you make your pictures “scratch and sniff”? They looked amazing and great camp meals!

Russell Bro.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It was a great year for sure. How long til next season?

Amazing report as always! Your hard work and preparation sure paid off this year. Congrats to all.

What was your uncle using for bullets and what caliber? That bullet traveled through a lot of deer. Pretty impressive.
Not sure what type of bullets he uses, I think just 180gr sp core lokts. .308

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I haven't made it all the way through the thread yet, but wanted to post a compliment....Since October, my 8yr old has chosen How to Bag the Biggest as his bedtime book for me to read to him. However, since he realized that I can read him the Russel Bro's writeup, he's asked to take a break from Larry, and ready Josh/Jeff. Thats some high praise gentlemen......nice work.

By the way, he says the story is just as good, but your thread includes pictures, which put it over the top, and Larry only included drawings. I didn't explain that Larry didn't have a camera on the phone in his pocket in 1974

Mikejd

Reaction score
I haven't made it all the way through the thread yet, but wanted to post a compliment....Since October, my 8yr old has chosen How to Bag the Biggest as his bedtime book for me to read to him. However, since he realized that I can read him the Russel Bro's writeup, he's asked to take a break from Larry, and ready Josh/Jeff. Thats some high praise gentlemen......nice work.

By the way, he says the story is just as good, but your thread includes pictures, which put it over the top, and Larry only included drawings. I didn't explain that Larry didn't have a camera on the phone in his pocket in 1974
That's awesome. I must say I do agree with your son. The RR is as good all day long.

Tracker270

Reaction score
Wow gentlemen job well done you guys shot some amazing Maine whitetail and the pictures and story are over the top. All of this takes time and pre planning well before the hunt during an after. Thank you very much for sharing your amazing family memories and hunting trip. Job well done once again happy holidays and happy new year to you and your families.

Big D

Reaction score
Great report. I still haven't had time to read through it as a whole. RB, I'd love to know what was going through your mind when you finally caught up to the buck in the the lake though. On one hand the chase was over, adrenaline pumping, and At the same time you're probably thinking I'm going to have to swim for this SOB. Watching it sink was not an option. Hopefully you can weigh in when you get a chance. Congrats all around to you guys. Those were some great deer..

trackah

Reaction score
Good job guys. great to see the homage you paid to the man that inspired a whole bunch of us! would love to have one of those knives. keep it up in 2019 will be looking forward to your report!

Grandkid

Reaction score
Awesome report. I enjoyed your detail and photos. Yes the LB knife is where it belongs in November.

Congratulations.

Roger-

MGK

Reaction score
Awesome report. I enjoyed reading through it! Bucks weren’t too shabby either

Browseline

Reaction score
Really enjoyed those video's. Thanks for posting. Lots of good memories for you all.

Latest posts