Russell Report 2018

mowbizz

Reaction score
Awesome time in Maine! We were right there with you! Thanks for the stories...

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Congrats Russell Brothers. Great job on the hunt and write up. Thank you for sharing. It shows that your planning, dedication, perseverance always pays off in a great hunt. I’m psyched your uncle was able to score the biggest buck of his life.

RussellBro2

Reaction score
B2, did you ever figure out where your first shot hit him?
In this pic you can see the exit hole from the first shot. High in the ham. Entry was a touch fwd of that but still in the ham.
Longish shot for a peep, suppose it could have deflected, but most likely shooter error.

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
Great report guys- so much of why we hunt tied up in here.
Thanks for your work in putting it together and for sharing it.
Congrats to all of you on the great bucks!
(And a couple tracked hare! ;) )

longbow

Reaction score
In this pic you can see the exit hole from the first shot. High in the ham. Entry was a touch fwd of that but still in the ham.
Longish shot for a peep, suppose it could have deflected, but most likely shooter error.

Wow, that's really surprising, that blood trail on page 8 looks like a good lung shot deer. :confused: Of course it wasn't or he would not have gone that distance.

A quick 70 yard shot with a peep is a shot that can be easily missed, I know. :D You did OK.

Escout711

Reaction score
Cngrats to your whole family, that was a heck of a season! Thank you for takin * the time to put up such a detailed report. Some awesome pics and great bucks!

Shooter Buck

Reaction score
Amazing report as always! Your hard work and preparation sure paid off this year. Congrats to all.

What was your uncle using for bullets and what caliber? That bullet traveled through a lot of deer. Pretty impressive.

xp600

Reaction score
Great post. I really enjoyed reading through it. I'm assuming this thread is loaded with pictures, but I cant see any of them. Does anybody know why?

heaterhunter

Reaction score
Welp, I'm certainly pumped up for next season. These reports do it for me every time. I tend to read this years report 5-6 times prior to next season and I'll grab a few old ones to fuel the addiction. Thanks for all the time you guys put into these and congratulations on the successful hunting and family experience.

+2 on the stuck Tundra. The roads got so bad so quick we coudn't get some of our cameras. We'll have to wait till Spring just like you guys.

Turningleaf

Reaction score
I saw this posted read just a little in the morning and waited till the evening so I could enjoy the whole thing. Always one of my favorite reads. You can’t make up the adventure....you let us walk it with you. What an awesome year you guys had...Great to see Uncle Harry finally tag the big one he’s been after for so many years! The pics of the buck in the lake where awesome. Jeff, I once retrieved a duck by busting through a cranberry bog ice once....I imagine the cold you felt was similiar and more intense with the waiting time. What a great story. Josh, so glad to see you connect on a great buck too. Being busy with a new baby for the last 2 years I’m sure has had it’s transitions. Love the traditions you all share together and with us. Thank you for extensive time taken to once again put together such a great transcript of the 2019 Maine Deer Hunting Season. I can’t speak for others but I know i’ll Read and re-read and re-read this journal to help get me through the mundane days and seasons again this year!

kevin in nh

Reaction score
Wow.....just wow to another great hunt and adventure! Reminded me of Bingham in I believe 1990...10 below on Thanksgiving morning...by noon it warmed to zero! The only negative I have is that at 64 my body has issues and I can't do what I used too!!!
Thanks for bring us along on your hunts!!! (it was tough not to scroll ahead but I kept reading)

amclimber

Reaction score
Always great to read about your family's hunting adventures. Probably the thing that stands out the most is how much you enjoy experiencing it together. I feel the same hunting with my father, and it is really hard to describe but I can see it in your pictures. The pic of Jeff, Josh, and your father with the fire and buck is a great example of that. Congrats to all on some fine bucks and priceless memories. Thanks for sharing.

NY Hunter

Reaction score
Awesome hunt, congrats to you all, nice to see a family like yours make great memories year after year.

Merry Christmas & A Healthy / Happy New Year to all of you.