Russell Brothers Book

RussellBro2

Reaction score
We've received a lot of encouragement from many on this site over the years to put a book together... and we're please to share we finally have!
Josh and I joined forces this year to write Woodstoves and Wool which can be found on Amazon with a search of "Maine Deer hunting". Best part is that most all of the content will be entirely new to you guys as it covers "the early years" before we began posting here.

We wanted the book to have a lot of color pics and we chose to self publish through Amazon's KDP program for several reasons... unfortunately these two decisions resulted in a price for the book that was much higher than we were expecting. And despite the price tag, we're essentially breaking even on the project. But it was a lot of fun to put together and may lead to other projects down the road.

If you do chose to buy and enjoy it, the best way to support us would be through an Amazon review... please!- and thanks in advance.

Can't wait for November!! ... gonna wait till then to give to Dad... we haven't mentioned to him we were doing this so looking forward to surprising him.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
That's awesome! I hope the book is a success for you! I just had my wife order a copy on Prime.

Last edited:

lester2

Reaction score
Ordered! Hope to have it by 10/18 so I can read it in my treestand in Ohio...

Bill/NH

Reaction score
Josh and Jeff, we've had the book on the Russell clan for years!!!! Now the rest of the deer hunting world will find out what we already know!!!! Good luck and congrats on the book!!!!

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Congrats Guys! I just ordered a copy. Should make enjoyable treestand reading when I make all day sits for early November archery

Last edited:

Gwlambo

Reaction score
This is fantastic - I have about 5 weeks before I head north and nothing new to read. I read the same ones every year so yours will be added to the list. I am certain that this "project" was a lot of work. Congrats and look forward to getting it in a couple weeks. And of course, Good Luck this fall!

Mikejd

Reaction score
That is Awesome. Even the name kicks ass. Best of luck. I hope you sell a million copies.

ahmoore

Reaction score
Thanks for heads-up, just ordered! Cool title, Woodstoves and Woolies came to mind as well, lol. Perfect timing before season gets into full swing!

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
No way - thats awesome, congrats boys. This is going in some christmas wrapping paper for my youngest. Duke has me read and re-read the Russell Bro posts at bedtime every year.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
This is great!! Just added it to my cart for my next order!!

BearHunter

Reaction score
Ordered a copy to read at Maine deer camp this November. It will be interesting to see the similarities between our camps.
We are into our 3rd generation also with a beginning in the 50’s by my father and his “accomplices”.
To this day there are places still referred to by the names given over 60 years ago, “The Dead Horse” , “The Foxhead Beer Can”, “The Raisin Boxes”.
Looking forward to reading and learning about your family hunting experiences.