Ruger American Rifle

Mainewoods

Reaction score
No, sorry. I don’t have much In my life with sentimental value, but that one has a bit. I hardly hunt with it to be honest as I have another with a scope which I use most of the season.
I figured that. My cousin's son turned 16 yesterday and we have been trying to find a new 7600 for him, but everyone seems to be sold out. Gonna keep looking.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I figured that. My cousin's son turned 16 yesterday and we have been trying to find a new 7600 for him, but everyone seems to be sold out. Gonna keep looking.
Beans had one a month or so ago. I think the tag was for $749. IIRC it was a 7600 Carbine, 30-06.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Someone posted that in the LEB/Lane Facebook page a while back. Nice, but not $10k nice...

There is a nice NOS one on gunbroker.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Got my rifle mounted up with a Leopold 2-7x33 today. Like the fit and size. Put on some vortex defender scope caps, what an improvement over the butler creak ones. These actually stay closed and when open can lay flat on top of the scope and lay flat(rear). Phone for size reference. 25F1435E-2D58-4EEA-BF2E-E2351D10959E.jpg

Turningleaf

Reaction score
Great looking setup Matt! Sure you can’t wait to take her for a walk around the hardwoods with snow under your feet next fall!

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Minor update. The rifle shoots very good, and I love the trigger.
Lugged in the mountain yesterday all day. Pretty aggressive climbing around Old Speck Mt here in ME. It was a dream to carry. I like how it’s the only bolt action I have held that is narrow just ahead of the magazine for one hand carrying. It carried pretty much like my 7600 carbine only lighter and shorter. It shoulders on stumps and ho,xs steadier too. Might be better balanced.

Negatives - it’s loud when a twig hits it as it’s plastic. I am thinking about filling the stock. Cosmetically it’s going to take a beating with scratches, which I could care less about.

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
I bought another Ruger American in 7mm-08 for my sister. Just sighted in today...so much fun to shoot! I may have to buy one in this caliber for myself!

Reaction score
Got my rifle mounted up with a Leopold 2-7x33 today. Like the fit and size. Put on some vortex defender scope caps, what an improvement over the butler creak ones. These actually stay closed and when open can lay flat on top of the scope and lay flat(rear). Phone for size reference. View attachment 21576
What is the size or number for those caps ? Considered them before for one of my 2-7 but couldn't find one listed for 33mm

Last edited: