Rodney Elmer and Crew.... Where have they been?

Mikejd

Reaction score
I think there videos are great. I dont care if they are long winded. When I click on a video it usually because I am looking for a little entertainment. So if it was 3 minutes long that wouldn t be much fun.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I personally enjoy the videos. It passes the time in Jan, Feb and March on the years they release them. I can appreciate the fact Rodney has raised 3 boys who enjoy hunting with him enough they get together as often as possible and have a great time doing it. I wish we saw more of that in todays society when talking about hunting. I also think Rodney does a great job with volunteering his time as a hunter ed instructor . I believe his wife is as well. They're a check station for the state of Vermont . They're not getting rich doing that.

To me they have a pure, sincere , respectful approach to hunting and the animals they're hunting as well as an appreciation for the woods. I have no issue if Casey cries after killing a deer. It's not taking land away from me I can hunt, it's not representing hunters in a bad way, and it doesn't effect if I kill a deer from year to year. I've never met them personally. I'll ask what 22-25 year old young man that's good at something he loves, makes a YouTube channel with 10k followers wouldn't seem a bit "chippy"? I'm pretty certain as younger me we all gave that vibe off at one time or another. Confidence /arrogance is important in anything we try to achieve in life.

I hope they keep doing it. I find enjoyment in watching their stuff.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
there are a few on this site that could qualify as well
Earl, even when our country is upside down, people losing retirement funds, not knowing if they'll have a job when this is over, loved ones who are sick, etc..... you got to take jabs huh? Over what? The disagreement about drinking at deer camp?

You stay safe. I heard on the news your state is one of the hot zones.

Big D

Reaction score
I like their videos. The enthusiasm is hard to beat. They just plain have a lot of fun and that's what it's all about.

Earl

Reaction score
NH Hunter I wasn't talking to you. My response had nothing to do with drinking at camp. Hint: look over my response again, you just might get it. Odds are you won't.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
NH Hunter I wasn't talking to you. My response had nothing to do with drinking at camp. Hint: look over my response again, you just might get it. Odds are you won't.
Whatever Earl. Stay safe. I guess I can't figure out your posts. Kind of ironic I'd say.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I like their videos . They are just regular guys having a great time hunting together . I cant stand the commercial guys like the Primos gang, the Drury brothers, or the Realtree Outdoors bunch with Jim Jordan or any of those celebrities. I dont even like buying anything with their name on it anymore. That drives me nuts seeing them all decked up in their name brand
hunting gear sitting in a elevated blind that would rival a small luxury house , opening up a window to shoot that buck in the planted food plot on their 10,000 acre lease or land they own thats all posted and watch them start dancing around in the blind giving high fives while screaming " WHAT A HUNT !!! " A bunch of morons that couldn't hold a candle to lots of hunters on this site . The one exception is Jim Shockey . I like his hunting vids . I also like the Leatherwood Outdoors gang in Penn , but they have slipped a bit in recent years. Seems like they are focused more on driving deer rather than hunting like they used to.

Last edited:

hammertime

Reaction score
I enjoy the videos. They are passionate about deer hunting. Looks like they are having fun. And they are spending quality time with family. Maybe a little too much chit chat on the video, and a little too much guys hugging. But, those are very minor criticisms. I have shot many deer, and been a part of many others. Never once did I see guys hugging in the woods. A lot of handshakes, high fives, and back slapping. Oh yeah, and we would have a beer back at camp!

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I've noticed there hasn't been any videos out in over 3 months, and they didn't really post much during hunting season compared to the year before. The last video I saw they were excited about getting over the 10k subscriber mark. Did anyone see them at the sportsman shows? Hope all is well with their clan. I enjoy their videos and sincerity about the Northeast deer hunting traditions.
Do the Elmer's secretly read this forum? They have dropped 2 videos since you posted this.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Do the Elmer's secretly read this forum? They have dropped 2 videos since you posted this.
LOL I thought the same thing. One was dropped two days after it was posted. I hope so. I like what they do. I'm a fan of their approach. I don't mind Casey getting teared up. Obviously being in the woods is their life and Rodney gets to do it with his sons. He's a lucky man.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I hope they are reading again this year. I'm ready for some new videos. I assume the podcast didn't do well enough for them to continue? I know me personally, I like to see video with the content I'm listening to. I might put a podcast on in the truck , but absolutely would rather "watch" the channel. Hell.... I just started using Pandora. LOL

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
I hope they are reading again this year. I'm ready for some new videos. I assume the podcast didn't do well enough for them to continue? I know me personally, I like to see video with the content I'm listening to. I might put a podcast on in the truck , but absolutely would rather "watch" the channel. Hell.... I just started using Pandora. LOL
I enjoy their videos also and was looking forward to seeing more from this year. Maybe just a rough year? A lot of people don't want to watch videos unless there is a dead deer at the end. I tend to like videos that show hunting adventures and appreciate getting to go along for the journey.

JDK

Reaction score
For those who haven't seen it, Hal Blood has a new video out and I thought it was very good.

Big D

Reaction score
For those who haven't seen it, Hal Blood has a new video out and I thought it was very good.

Thanks for the heads up. Fantastic video. Makes me wish we were still getting after it. Kind of made me a little hungry at the end also.🥪

Latest posts