Rodney Elmer and Crew.... Where have they been?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I've noticed there hasn't been any videos out in over 3 months, and they didn't really post much during hunting season compared to the year before. The last video I saw they were excited about getting over the 10k subscriber mark. Did anyone see them at the sportsman shows? Hope all is well with their clan. I enjoy their videos and sincerity about the Northeast deer hunting traditions.

Turningleaf

Reaction score
Both boys got married. One last year, and Taylor just got married I think in February and he’s usually the camera man. That may have something to do with it. The group ended up getting two. Casey took a great one and then one of the friends. You may have seen them. Here’s the link for those who may not have seen it.....worth the watch on how to track and grunt in a big one.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Both boys got married. One last year, and Taylor just got married I think in February and he’s usually the camera man. That may have something to do with it. The group ended up getting two. Casey took a great one and then one of the friends. You may have seen them. Here’s the link for those who may not have seen it.....worth the watch on how to track and grunt in a big one.
I like their videos in general although I think they tend to talk too much rather than stay on subject...just my opinion. Can’t argue with their track record...pun intended.

JDK

Reaction score
I did like this year's video where the son killed the buck. Show what Maine has to offer. Truth of the matter(my humble opinion), cut the video time in 1/2 and it would be outstanding.

WetWool

Reaction score
My take is the father is 100x the better hunter and the kids are 100x more tech savvy. I enjoy the videos and info., just not the excessive, uplifting, "spiritual" moments.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I’ve never watched his videos but I’ve seen plenty of Rodneys writing on FaceBook and I can’t stand it. It always seems like he’s trying to sound smarter and deeper than everyone else and most of the time his point is completely lost.
Of course it might just be that he’s smarter and deeper than me...

Reactions: JDK

Browseline

Reaction score
I’ve never watched his videos but I’ve seen plenty of Rodneys writing on FaceBook and I can’t stand it. It always seems like he’s trying to sound smarter and deeper than everyone else and most of the time his point is completely lost.
I like their videos. They seem to really enjoy themselves while hunting.
I read a lot of the comments Rodney makes on Facebook, also. I guess he is smarter than me too, as with nearly every post he puts up, I have no idea what he is talking about. I have never seen anything quite like some of his explanations in anything I have ever read. Fortunately, he talks like a normal human in the videos.

JDK

Reaction score
Again in my humble opinion, they didn’t shoot deer in 2019 and whatever they had to say has been said 50 times over. Not taking anything away from them but after 5 years of tracking videos there isn’t much new under the sun. Don’t shoot deer and you have long winded videos

Earl

Reaction score
the one filming this video, is so over dramatic, he gets on my nerves. I have to admit good video of the buck and the shot....

Reactions: JDK

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I've met them in person. Rodney and his son, Casey were very humble, and genuinely nice folks. The other two seemed to have a chip on their shoulders, especially Rion.

I do like their videos, minus the crying.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
They certainly get some pieces of good footage, which has to be tough in the areas they hunt. I do agree the filler material is often long winded, and the excitement overly dramatic. Sometimes less is more.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Just another piece of entertainment for northern deer hunters I guess. They all seem to be a little full of themselves, but i guess you have to if you are making videos and creating and selling your brand. All, not just the elmers are a little annoying, but we have a tendency to watch a d listen to them anyway, because it’s out there and generally interesting to us.
I’ve often thought about filming a hunting clip with a focus on humor and parodies on some of these guys, but I’m sure some would be offended. Small Wood Spikes. Your one stop designation to learn more about tracking and stalking the elusive 1.5 year old buck in Southern Maine.

WetWool

Reaction score
Just another piece of entertainment for northern deer hunters I guess. They all seem to be a little full of themselves, but i guess you have to if you are making videos and creating and selling your brand. All, not just the elmers are a little annoying, but we have a tendency to watch a d listen to them anyway, because it’s out there and generally interesting to us.
I’ve often thought about filming a hunting clip with a focus on humor and parodies on some of these guys, but I’m sure some would be offended. Small Wood Spikes. Your one stop designation to learn more about tracking and stalking the elusive 1.5 year old buck in Southern Maine.
You may have found your niche Jeremy, but only if I can co - host! 😁

mowbizz

Reaction score
Lol...maybe the title of your first video could be “If it’s BROWN, its DOWN”

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Lol...maybe the title of your first video could be “If it’s BROWN, its DOWN”
If I could ever dig up the video that we made with a camcorder back in like 2000 it would be hilarious because it used some great Larry Benoit quotes from the original videos including us singing that song while we dragged out a buck “here we go to town today, town today, and drag away”. We still sing that song laughing out loud on every one we get. Which isn’t too many. Ok, we only sang the song twice since 2000. 😂

jacinda

Reaction score
nice video

Earl

Reaction score
there are a few on this site that could qualify as well