Rocky mountain stalker pro boots

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
These are great in all aspects, except they are like walking on glare wet ice, when you're on a wet linoleum floor. Anyone else have this issue with their hunting boots? I have also had this issue with a few other brands, but just with hunting boots. If I have sneakers or other footwear, the wet floor is fine, no slipping. Outdoors, these boots have great traction, but on the kitchen floor I have to be careful.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I've had a couple pairs of Rockys , both leaked.
No complaints except for traction. The soles suck. Everything else is great.. They are comfortable, warm, waterproof, but I'm not impressed with the traction capabilities.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I thought I'd update after having these almost a year. They are very comfortable and well fitting, which can be hard to find with boots. No leaks. However, when the soles get wet, they are like sleds, meaning they do not grip, and will actual slide. I'm talking slicker than sneakers. They are vibram soles to, which have a good reputation. I don't know, Rocky must have selected Vibrams bottom of the line product. I may try some Crispi's. Crispi claims to have a softer, stickier, grabbing sole.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I got these Lechameau Lite Lcx boots. They come in 10 inch or 12 inch. I got the 10 inch, so that they would be more versatile. They feel very nice so far. If you buy, you must go one size up or 1 and 1/2 size up, and you might have to convert US to EU size, depending how the sizes are listed where you buy them. A good tracking boot I'd say. Also good for early to mid season on stand likely. But late season, you'd probably need something else, unless you're trackin all day. 1665735406406.png

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Do you wear skinny jeans as well?? Just kidding, nice boots! I wear Hoffman explorers now, and they have a great sole that is a little softer and stick well on rocks etc. I own the 6" lites and a pair of the 8" 400 gram thinsulate.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Do you wear skinny jeans as well?? Just kidding, nice boots! I wear Hoffman explorers now, and they have a great sole that is a little softer and stick well on rocks etc. I own the 6" lites and a pair of the 8" 400 gram thinsulate.
I looked at Hoffman, but a couple things turned me off. It was the weight of them, and I forget the other factor. I prefer relaxed fit jeans, and I like them fairly high rise.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I'm happy with these. I may also get the 12 inch, a half size bigger than these, for thick socks and the peak of winter.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
I looked at Hoffman, but a couple things turned me off. It was the weight of them, and I forget the other factor. I prefer relaxed fit jeans, and I like them fairly high rise.
The hoffmans were definitely a little heavy and stiffer than any boot I've hunted in before, but after two years in them, my feet love the support. One thing I do is replace all my insoles with Superfeet insoles.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Muck Arctic pros when it’s cold Woody sport when it’s warmer. Easy on and off because I can’t wear my boots in the kitchen like muzzleloader. 😃

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
The hoffmans were definitely a little heavy and stiffer than any boot I've hunted in before, but after two years in them, my feet love the support. One thing I do is replace all my insoles with Superfeet insoles.
I switchout to better quality insoles often to. Most companies don't put any effort into their insoles. But, once in a blue moon, I find a make and model where they don't need different insoles. That's when I know I have a quality boot.

Latest posts