Red Dot sight

Hoops43

Reaction score
Hi everyone-Following up on a post I had earlier considering a lightweight scope on my 7600....has anyone ever used a red dot sight on their 7600?

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
My 16yr old has a Vortex with the red dot on his 7600. I've shot it at paper a lot and it seems great. It also has the standard crosshairs that you can use as a failover if the red dot goes out for whatever reason.

Hoops43

Reaction score
My 16yr old has a Vortex with the red dot on his 7600. I've shot it at paper a lot and it seems great. It also has the standard crosshairs that you can use as a failover if the red dot goes out for whatever reason.
Sneaky- do you know what model he has?

medrhunter

Reaction score
I have a VX6 on my 7600. Its a 1-6 scope with an illuminated red dot.
I love it. Always on 1 power when I'm walking.
I had a straight AimPoint red dot on it, but wanted the magnification if needed.
Not much weight difference.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Red dot is only going to be good out to 100 yards or so. Better hope you don't see one out across the cut....

I just ordered another Leupold VXR 3-9 with the illuminated dot. It's going on my Browning 1885. Things I like are the quality, the fact that if your battery fails you still have the regular crosshairs, and VXIII quality glass. Pic of 1885.

IMG_3344.jpg

lester2

Reaction score
First year I had my 7600 I mounted a 30mm Pentax red dot. Shot a 4pt while still hunting at 20 yards but I realized that at any distance much beyond that I’d need some magnification. It now wears a Redfield 2x7.

Hoops43

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Honestly- I already have a 7600 with a 2x7 on it. I bought this other one sort of spur of the moment because it was a decent deal. I tried using open sights and I tried a peep but I wasn’t good with it. I could always put a scope on this one too I guess. Not sure what I will end up doing.

Fixed blade

Reaction score
I’ve used a leupold delta point on it. Worked great right until some snow got in it and the dot split. because It’s a reflex sight the dot is projected and when snow got in the way the dot turned to weird shaped blob. Took it off after that. It now resides on my turkey gun. I second a VXR. I use the 1.25 -4.

Pine-lock

Reaction score
I'm a VXR fan as well. Leupold did stop producing them but has moved the firedot reticle to be available in other lines. The VXRs that are still available on the market are priced higher than the equivalent VX-Freedom with the illuminated reticle. I called Leupold and they confirmed that the glass is identical in both models.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
According to the recent Leupold Core insider podcast they claim the the Freedom illum dot models are actually a step up from the illuminated VXR

spike hunter

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting the Vortex Venom 3 for one of my guns. Anybody know of good or bad things about them?

Latest posts