R.G. Bernier Passed

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I had trouble with his writings and all religious stuff, but the man could hunt and I like how he shared all of the adventures with his Dad. Rest In Peace.

Standish, Maine, August 3, 2021: It’s not how you die that’s important; it is how you are remembered.
It is with great sadness that I, Sharon will be the one to make this post on my husband’s site.
Known to the hunting community as ‘The Deer Tracker’, to me, my husband and best friend, R.G. Bernier has passed from this life and is now in the company of his savior and redeemer, Jesus. Despite his valiant fight to beat pancreatic cancer, Jesus was ready to bring him to himself.
In his passing he leaves a lasting legacy in the countless images he took, printed material he wrote including seven books, with his children and grandchildren, with his friends who knew his qualities best, and with me who will miss him terribly.
Be comforted as am I that this, The Deer Tracker’s Final Journey is one that he was well prepared for, and most excited to take. Until eternity, follow ‘Where The Deer Track Leads’…

Visiting hours will be on Friday, August 13th from 4-7pm at Dolby, Blais, and Segee (434 River Road, Windham, Maine).

Funeral will be on Saturday, August 14th at 10:30am at Windham Baptist Church (973 River Road, Windham, Maine).

Obituary will be forthcoming at www.dolbyblaissegee.com

Last edited:

groundtender

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I met him at the Pittston Farm during deer season many years ago. We became good friends, but drifted apart in the last few years, other than by email. I hunted with him in areas around Kenora, and we shared a camp at Boulets in Zone 4 one November. He was too young, I am sure his family will miss him, and am glad I knew him.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
That is sad. Seems like it was yesterday that his first book came out. We are all aging but don't think he could be even 70?

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Good article with some nice pictures. Nice tribute to R. G.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
RIP, never realized he was sick. Everyone talks about the hunting, but his photography, I don't frequent much nature photography, but his work is some of the best I have ever seen. I remember looking through the MASTC books and seeing his name over and over and thought how impressive it was.

Fixed blade

Reaction score
Honestly its a sad day. Doesn’t matter if you liked him or not, if you subscribed to his faith or not, if you liked his writing or not. We lost a great deer hunter willing to share and teach other his trade. tracking on snow and bare ground is a dying art and Dick was willing to help try to keep it alive. I respect the man and his accomplishments. Like I said it’s a sad day.

hammertime

Reaction score
Rereading his first book now. I admired his drive and passion. I used to see him around the rangeley area after deer season snowshoeing through the yards with his camera. RIP.

Gfedor

Reaction score
I'm seeing this now. May he rest in peace. I enjoyed reading his hunting books. He was a fine hunter, and seemed like a great person.

Latest posts