• TC Encore Prohunter FX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another option you're recommending in your post

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swnoel

Reaction score
Either the TC Strike(LHR) or Traditions Vortex. My son has one of the LHR when it was made in Rochester... T/C bought it out.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I have 2 Encores from when they were made in Rochester. They are both tack drivers. I dont know anything about the LHR strike. It might be a fine gun.

There is only one thing I dont like about the Encore. Nothing to do with its shooting ability. Its the curved metal on the trigger handle. The part you pull to open the barrel.
Depends on how you carry your gun , but sometimes I carry it cradled. That metal bar can get annoying rubbing on your forearm. And also when you put a sling on and carry it over far shoulder to drag a deer. That metal curve on the trigger can dig into your back when bent over. But still , I love my encores. They are very balanced and deadly accurate

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
I use a TC triumph and love it, but most reports are that quality is down. If looking for a new muzzy, I'd swing in the direction of CVA

Russell Bro.

Reaction score
CVA Accura mountain hunter for me. Just a great gun..

I just picked one of these up. Haven’t shot it yet but has a
great feel to it. Love the overall length can’t wait to put her to the test

Big D

Reaction score
I just picked one of these up. Haven’t shot it yet but has a
great feel to it. Love the overall length can’t wait to put her to the test
You'll love it. Mine is a tack driver and a joy to carry through the woods. I'm shooting 250gr. Barnes TEZ's on top of 90 gr. of BH209.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Reviving an old post.

I suppose I'm biased. I used to work at Thompson Center years ago when it was in Rochester, N.H. That said, I would agree with mbVT.....I really like my T/C Triumph. I shoot 300 gr. Hornady FBP's. My choice of propellent is Blackhorn 209 (120 gr.'s) and I use CCI caps. I like these caps, I've never had a FTF. On another shooting forum I got shouted off because I critized a couple of bandwagon guys who were downing the Hornady rounds, complaining that it was "too hard" to get the FBP's down the barrel. Having been a muzzleloader for many years my thought is that anyone should understand that your round should be a bit difficult to top load. Far as I'm concerned, top loading is about technique and practice. :rolleyes: If your round is going down the tube that easy, any seasoned muzzleloader unsderstands the result. If I have any one complaint about the Hornady rounds, it centers around those plastic tips. Every time I load them, they come out.

I also own a .50 caliber Hawken percussion. She is a beauty. Buckhorn sights, octagonal barrel, dressed out in brass with an ornate trigger guard, over double set triggers. I shoot T/C pre-lubed MaxiHunter round (275 gr.?) using 100 gr.'s Pyrodex, and ignite it with German RWS #11's. Fire and wait 5 minutes for the smoke to clear....
My last T/C is an Icon Classic chambered in .300 WinMag. Beautiful wood, and very accurate.

Like many who like the T/C stuff, we were a bit upset when they got bought up, and moved out of state. To me, that was a sad day. I made sure I bought my T/C rifles before the move so that they carried the Rochester, N.H. stamp.

I'm sure I've put long winded post has put everyone to sleep now, so I'm checking out. Keep sending it down range.

JJM6

Reaction score
Another vote for the Rochester built Encore. A little heavy but dead nuts accurate.