punkin' chunkin' doe permits

VTHunter08

Reaction score
And an early doe only muzzleloader season in october this year to fill'em up!

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Speaking of deadlines, I think the Pennsylvania elk lotto deadline is coming up. Thats an easy drive from home and would be fun.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
And an early doe only muzzleloader season in october this year to fill'em up!
I haven't read the regulations on this yet, so here's a question...

In the last few years, if there are still available doe tags in a unit, you can shoot a doe then go grab one of those tags, as long as you didn't get more than your 3 deer limit.

This year, there is a 4 deer limit.

So, lets say you get drawn for a doe tag and you punch that tag in the October season.
If there are still available tags in your unit, can you go get another to use during December, assuming you don't take more than your 4 deer limit?

I have some reading to do....

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score

In the last few years, if there are still available doe tags in a unit, you can shoot a doe then go grab one of those tags, as long as you didn't get more than your 3 deer limit.

So, lets say you get drawn for a doe tag and you punch that tag in the October season.
If there are still available tags in your unit, can you go get another to use during December, assuming you don't take more than your 4 deer limit?

I believe you can, but let me know what you find out.

VTHunter08

Reaction score

I believe thats correct. Now my question is, is it a straight 4 deer limit for everyone? Or for one of the deer do you need to utilize one of the expanded archery units? Or can I just go out behind the house and whack 4 deer?

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I believe thats correct. Now my question is, is it a straight 4 deer limit for everyone? Or for one of the deer do you need to utilize one of the expanded archery units? Or can I just go out behind the house and whack 4 deer?
Wow, I didn't even know the expanded archery was launched this year. I really need to get my nose in the books and figure out all these new rules.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even know the expanded archery was launched this year. I really need to get my nose in the books and figure out all these new rules.
Jeesh now you have me second guessing too. I guess I need to as well! Got a week long maturnity leave coming up in 2-3 weeks, maybe I'll be able to find a minute to study then.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Jeesh now you have me second guessing too. I guess I need to as well! Got a week long maturnity leave coming up in 2-3 weeks, maybe I'll be able to find a minute to study then.
Wow, awesome, congrats....but I'm getting the feeling you won't have much downtime that week....

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Thanks guys

During the middle of the night feedings when I'm up with the mrs I'll more then happily read fish and wildlife rules over all the garbage on facebook these days! haha

rustyg

Reaction score
This a good video on moose ticks and the 2020 deer season.
Deer regulations start around 20:53.
It explains the seasons and bag limits.