Pulaski Trip

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I made a quick trip last week up to Pulaski for the end of the season run. I left Wed Morning and back for dinner on Thursday. The conditions were tough, very few fish in the river. But still a great time I saw deer, turkey, eagles, osprey, hawks, mink and a pine marten. That area is loaded with wildlife. While the weather was beautiful here in NJ it was cold and rainy up there. We were successful with steelhead, some great small mouth bass and a beautiful brown trout.

Attachments

Big D

Reaction score
Lookie there. The Corona kid is starting to feel better. Looking a little thin though. Nice fish. Glad you starting to get out again.👍

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Lookie there. The Corona kid is starting to feel better. Looking a little thin though. Nice fish. Glad you starting to get out again.👍
Thanks Big D and I appreciate you noticing. I was wondering if the waders would make my ass look big!😂

Jimmy S

Reaction score
We have driven to Pulaski from our home in NH more than a few times over the years.
Myself, my wife, daughter and oldest son have all made the trip.

My son in the pics was a fly fishing guide and hunting guide in Colorado and is now a fly fishing guide in Alaska.

Here's a few pics taken over the years on the Salmon River in Pulaski, NY.

Pulaski_1.jpg

Attachments

NH Hunter

Reaction score
That's a big ass fly line you guys are using Jimmy!!! Just kidding. Those are some monster fish!!

Jimmy S

Reaction score
That's a big ass fly line you guys are using Jimmy!!! Just kidding. Those are some monster fish!!
NHH - That was good - lol. .

We all fly fish even my daughter and wife and we all have been very successful in Pulaski.
We only keep one fish each, whether a salmon or steehead. When my daughter hooked this one (37 pounds), it took about 30 min to finally net it. The other folks fishing knew she had 'fish-on' and gave her all the room needed. My son, who caught his fish earlier (43 pounds), stayed behind his sister the entire time and helped her up twice when he slipped on the rocks. But never helped with the fish or took her flyrod the entire time. It was very cool, A time no one would soon forget.

Latest posts