Proud Dad-Daughter's First VT Buck

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I hunted up to camp last week and had plans to stick around home starting on Thanksgiving if my 13yo daughter wanted to hunt. Well that plan fell apart when she went out after school on Wednesday with my dad and filled her buck tag, her first! Super proud of her, my dad was there but he reports she went through all the steps herself with no guidance (spotting it, making sure it was legal, executing the shot without coaching). My dad had quite a year, he was hunting with my 11 year old nephew when he shot an 8 point last week. I would have liked to be there but that would have robbed my dad of the memory so all is well. It was a four point but he went on a death run over the ledges bouncing off trees along the way. We looked for an hour or so for the broken antler Thursday to no avail (anybody with a shed dog up for a challenge?).

IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_9258.jpg

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
Congrats to her on a fine first buck! Good luck on finding the other antler.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
That is awesome, and congrats to you daughter on a great buck! I bet you and your dad are both pretty proud!

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Very Nice ! A Big Congrats to your daughter !
It wont be long now before she will be out there calling Dad for dragging duty to haul out her monsters !

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
That is great and I am always thrilled to see a young hunter get their first deer. Congratulations.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Congrats! Thats awesome! The smile on her face tells it all!

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Congrats to your daughter. Glad your dad could be there with her. She will remember that for the rest of her life. Hopefully you’ll be able to find that other side for her.

41mag

Reaction score
"Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it."

Lifetime of memories starts now (y)
Glad for all of you!

Browseline

Reaction score
Nice buck! Must have been quite a moment for both of them. Hopefully you can find the antler for her. I bet she couldn't wait until you got home to tell you her story.

Latest posts