Problem with site

ojibwa

Reaction score
Anyone else having issue, freezes, text not showing for a few seconds after I type. This seems to be the only sight it's happening on..

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
It will sometimes redirect me to different survey websites once in a while over the last couple weeks. I agree, something's going on.

ojibwa

Reaction score
There have been a lot of hacks lately wonder if the site has been hacked it is making things less then enjoyable. I have cleared cooking's and emptied cache...don't think it's on my end.

admin1

Administrator
Reaction score
This is Rob. I handle tech support and advertising. if you are seeing these ads on going, and most likely on your phone, please send me a PM. These ads are called forced redirects and, although this may be the only site you see these ads on, they are an issue across the web right now. I work on several forums that have these same issues. They are not a virus or a hack. They get on the site through the advertisements you see on the top and right hand side of the page. But they aren't supposed to behave the way they do. The way ads are supposed to work is, if you click it, you go to a page. And if you chose to ingore it, then they do nothing to interfere with your experience. These ads are against our policy as well as the policy of the third parties we use to serve ads. But, unfortunately, these malicious, annoying advertisers use the third parties to serve their ads and its a game of cat-and-mouse to catch them, block them, and prevent them. I have previously seen and blocked these ads on this site. But the hard part is blocking them when I don't see them. So if you are seeing these ads with any level of consistency, PM me and I will trouble shoot the issue with you directly. Thank you.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
This is Rob. I handle tech support and advertising. if you are seeing these ads on going, and most likely on your phone, please send me a PM. These ads are called forced redirects and, although this may be the only site you see these ads on, they are an issue across the web right now. I work on several forums that have these same issues. They are not a virus or a hack. They get on the site through the advertisements you see on the top and right hand side of the page. But they aren't supposed to behave the way they do. The way ads are supposed to work is, if you click it, you go to a page. And if you chose to ingore it, then they do nothing to interfere with your experience. These ads are against our policy as well as the policy of the third parties we use to serve ads. But, unfortunately, these malicious, annoying advertisers use the third parties to serve their ads and its a game of cat-and-mouse to catch them, block them, and prevent them. I have previously seen and blocked these ads on this site. But the hard part is blocking them when I don't see them. So if you are seeing these ads with any level of consistency, PM me and I will trouble shoot the issue with you directly. Thank you.
I don't use my phone - these are all happening on Chrome. The last one was a little wacky...more than just advertising redirects. It was much more along the lines of Phishing. But I ONLY see it when I'm on this site. It was a popup trying to get my to call a number, but my AV and spyware filters didn't seem to mind it for some reason.

Remi

Reaction score
I've been getting redirected to some adlinks crap too... just got a new phone so I was blaming it on that

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I keep being told I won a 1000.00 Walmart card if intake a survey , but only on my phone.

ojibwa

Reaction score
Did a factory reset on my phone and have spent the better part of the day putting stuff back on seem to have helped , site still seems a little glitchy but better.

ojibwa

Reaction score
90% sure there is a bug on the site, its the only one that acts up for me on the phone and desk top..

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I get this one a lot plus I have got all the ones mentioned already. http://www.vowresearchgroup.com/

I even got one a couple times that claimed I have a virus called the " vrbat " virus and need to call a number when going from one thread or post to another. This one actually freezes youe computer for a short time until you clear out your temporary internet files. I googled it and it says its a phony virus claim just trying to get your credit card number if you call. My AVG and McAfee virus programs dont pick it up as a virus. I called McAfee on this one and they told me its a phony advertisement and never call that number. They call themselves a Microsoft Solutions associated tech firm . Their pop up even looks like Microsoft. They create a phony problem so you can call and pay them to remove it. McAfee told me this company actually pays advertising firms to have their little bug inside other advertisement pop ups.
Such the world we live in.

Last edited: