Price check?

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I have bought and sold very little guns online or locally but I am thinking about selling a Browning X Bolt Hunter 7mm08. It has a leupold variX II (I think) 3-9. Has the browning integrated base and ring set up. Gun is in really good shape, hardly used with a few dings in the wood, blueing is 100%.
What sort of dollars would I be looking at for private sale roughly?

RememberBaker

Reaction score
In general, a scope won’t add much to the value of the rifle, you’re probably better off selling them separately. Probably 6-700 for the rifle in a private sale, way less if you sell it to a dealer. That’s just an educated guess, I’m not a Browning guy.

Reactions: JDK

Mikejd

Reaction score
Look on gunbroker and see what they are going for.

johnrr65

Reaction score
In general, a scope won’t add much to the value of the rifle, you’re probably better off selling them separately. Probably 6-700 for the rifle in a private sale, way less if you sell it to a dealer. That’s just an educated guess, I’m not a Browning guy.
+1

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I bought the exact gun with rings and no scope at LL Cotes last year used for $540. They had a storewide 10% discount that day so the tag was up near $600.

Curious why you were considering unloading it. I like how mine carries, albeit I haven’t used it alot.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I bought the exact gun with rings and no scope at LL Cotes last year used for $540. They had a storewide 10% discount that day so the tag was up near $600.

Curious why you were considering unloading it. I like how mine carries, albeit I haven’t used it alot.
I just don’t hunt with it. I typically hunt with my 7600, and if I use a bolt gun I have been carrying my ruger compact. Compared to my two 7600s and the ruger both with 18-18.5 inch barrels and 12.5 inch LOP, the browning feels like a monster with 22 inch barrel and 13.5 LOP. Good sitting gun, but I won’t carry it much.

Was considering selling it and picking up one of those 16.5 inch barrel model sevens like LongBow has.

I spent several 9-11 mile days this season in the hills and having the most compact rifle I can is becoming more important to me. (Read - it likely doesn’t matter, I just want a new gun)

Millerdaga

Reaction score
+1

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I just don’t hunt with it. I typically hunt with my 7600, and if I use a bolt gun I have been carrying my ruger compact. Compared to my two 7600s and the ruger both with 18-18.5 inch barrels and 12.5 inch LOP, the browning feels like a monster with 22 inch barrel and 13.5 LOP. Good sitting gun, but I won’t carry it much.

Was considering selling it and picking up one of those 16.5 inch barrel model sevens like LongBow has.

I spent several 9-11 mile days this season in the hills and having the most compact rifle I can is becoming more important to me. (Read - it likely doesn’t matter, I just want a new gun)
Gotcha, makes sense. Just picked up on the fact yours and mine are different. Mine is the Micro Hunter, so shorter barrel and more compact overall. Mine only went out one afternoon this year. Scoped 7600 and peeped 760 split the rest of the time about evenly.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Gotcha, makes sense. Just picked up on the fact yours and mine are different. Mine is the Micro Hunter, so shorter barrel and more compact overall. Mine only went out one afternoon this year. Scoped 7600 and peeped 760 split the rest of the time about evenly.
Right, the micro hunter has the 20 inch barrel and the 12.5 inch pull. Perfect. I actually went to buy that and the guy talked me into the full size hunter about 10 years ago. If it was a micro I would using it today. It’s a quality gun, fit and finish, features. The trigger on these is so crisp.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Whatever the 16.5 inch barrel model seven can do, the Browning X-bolt can do better, but that's just my opinion. I can see trading for a lightweight mountain rifle, something along those lines, but going more compact than a carbine (which is the rifle you like to use most of the time anyway), I don't see the edge or benefit.

longbow

Reaction score
KC they had one of those model sevens like Longbow has up at LL Cote last weekend. I picked it up and it was nice and light.
Everytime I pick it up. I think, can this really kill something? So, darn light. But, it fires .308, 180 grains, and puts holes in the target, so I expect it will. :)

Last edited:

Flatlander

Reaction score
I have a Ruger 77 ultralight 308. Bought in 1982 , first year they were on the market. 20" barrel. Has the tang saftey that locks down the bolt. Topped off with a leupold VX 2 1x4. Weighs less than 7lbs. fully loaded. If you see one for sale give it some consideration.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I have a Ruger 77 ultralight 308. Bought in 1982 , first year they were on the market. 20" barrel. Has the tang saftey that locks down the bolt. Topped off with a leupold VX 2 1x4. Weighs less than 7lbs. fully loaded. If you see one for sale give it some consideration.
Nice rifles. I have one in .250 Savage and another in .257 Roberts.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Whatever the 16.5 inch barrel model seven can do, the Browning X-bolt can do better, but that's just my opinion. I can see trading for a lightweight mountain rifle, something along those lines, but going more compact than a carbine (which is the rifle you like to use most of the time anyway), I don't see the edge or benefit.
+1