Posting Pics

Wells Bowhunter67

Reaction score
1.Browse to where the Pic is on your computer
2. Choose pic by clicking on it then hit the open button
3. then click the Green Upload button
4. then Click on the Manage Attachements Drop down menu Arrow
5. then select the little icon with the Green Plus symbol on what looks like a sheet of paper. When you hover your cursor over it .It will say " Insert attachment into text editor"
6. This will put your picture into your post block.

[attachment=659:pic_Posting.JPG]

arlow

Reaction score
The other option is to use a photo hosting site like www.photobucket.com

Upload your photo there.

Right click on the IMG link they provide under the thumbnail preview of your photo.

Click copy

Paste that IMG link in the dialog box.

You will see this except replace the C In IMC with a G to make IMG

[IMC]Joe's photo at photo bucket[/IMC]

Add your dialog to go along with the picture

Click on Add Reply

Your done

M99ER

Reaction score
Actually, posting a pic after putting it up at Photobucket is even easier than ever. This has been in effect for quite some time now.

There's 4 choices under the thumbnail pic that 2 of which you may want to post at a talk forum, BBS, or whatever you want to call this place or similar. The ones I use most always are the second one and the last one, the latter being absolutely the easiest method since sliced bread! :razz: The other 2 are for Instant Messaging and other junk I have no interest in.

Where it says, "IMG Code", simply LEFT CLICK over the little window and you will see a little (Javascript?) window that briefly says "Copied". Return to the thread you are replying in (or starting) and L-click to where you want the pic added so your cursor is active. CTRL+V, or 'right click and Paste' will enter all the info needed to have your pic added to your reply or thread starter.

It is 10 times more difficult to try to explain it than it is to actually do it. Give it a try and use the preview button till you get it right. :wink:

otter

Reaction score
Pic Posting

All this sounds rather simple and it dose in fact seem to be pretty straight forward even for an old fart like me.However,I cannot get a pic to upload.Resized down to next smallest I get a file toooo large error.

hurricane

Reaction score
Here's a "bump" on this how to post pictures stuff.

Here's some info that makes posting pics pretty easy here on the board.

Here's step 1 : Set up a Photobucket account (free)
http://photobucket.com/

Step 2 : upload your pics to photobucket like so -

On your Photobucket "My Home" page click the green box "Upload Images and Videos"
You'll be directed to your computer - maybe "My Pictures", "My Documents" or wherever your pics are stored. (I'm using a PC running Windows XP - not sure where Apple or other PC's with different operating systems store their pics usually). On Windows a box opens saying "Look In" and then gives me a bunch of options where to find my pics.

Open your pics, click on the pic youl'd like to add to Photobucket. The pic file name will appear in the next to bottom box. Click "Open".

Photobucket will now upload your pic and give you a message "1 of 1 image has been uploaded" Scroll down that page and click "Save".

Pic will appear in your Photobucket homepage.
Click "edit". Click "Resize" on tool bar. Max pic size is 600 X 800 on most forums. Click "preset sizes" to choose size options. Click "Apply". Scroll down page, click "Replace Original".

Click "whatever you named your" Album

Place cursor on pic to be put in your forum message. Four option boxes will open below your pic. Choose the bottom box "IMG Code" by left clicking on it to highlight it. Photobucket automatically "copies" the picture.

I like to "minimize" the Photobucket page now and then open another browser window (IE, Firefox, whatever) for now. Go to the Hunting Chat forum, create your message, then after you've finished the text portion of your message, right click and choose the "Paste" option and your pic will be added to the body of your message. (It'll appear in text form-
"Http:--Photobucket {your album name}....") until you Post the completed message.
When it appears on the forum your pic will be in graphic form.

ps. If you're uploading multiple numbers of pics from your computer to Photobucket you can do more than one at a time by pressing the "Control" key. See the Photobucket instructions. It's pretty straightforward. As far as I know though only one pic at a time from Photobucket to the Forum.

Hope this may be of help to my fellow computer challenged friends here.

If you run into to a head scratching moment, send me a PM.

- Jay

brnleva

Reaction score
thumbnail vs large photos

When I posted my photo in the meatpoll forum it only comes as a thumbnail how do some of you guys have nice large photos up:confused:? Thanks.

Browseline

Reaction score
Editing pictures and albums

I can't seem to edit any of my pictures in my albums. When I click on edit picture or album, Data base error comes up and it says The Hunting Chat has encountered a problem. Any idea's as to what I should do? Thanks. ( I know very little about computers by the way.)

Reaper

Reaction score
I can't seem to edit any of my pictures in my albums. When I click on edit picture or album, Data base error comes up and it says The Hunting Chat has encountered a problem. Any idea's as to what I should do? Thanks. ( I know very little about computers by the way.)
Same problem here.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Don't bother using the album here....open up a Photobucket account and use that.

ihunt

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a response from the site moderators on this? I've sent numerous messages and still no reply? Kind of frustrating not being able to resolve it.

UltraTec

Reaction score
I have never gotten a message from you about it. As moderators we have no control over your albums.

ihunt

Reaction score
So, who do I contact to get instructions on how to delete pictures in my album? The e-mail that is given as a contact is chad@wingsupply.com? I've sent 2 messages to that e-mail?

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Ultratec is a site Administrator here. Send him a PM. I went in and have no clue what the issue is. It may be a vBulletin issue.

otter

Reaction score
Photos

Photobucket dose not work the way it used to. They went to somthing called Pixler for editing and I cannot get it to save the edited photo. What a piece of junk that is.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to edit your pics for size....Pbucket should do it for you. You should go right from your camera/card right onto Pbucket with no need to edit anything. Once its loaded, its perfect.