Pocono Buck

bigrak

Reaction score
We travelled with snow as soon as we crossed into Pa.
Cabin is very cozy with everything you need and 10 min.from town. It is surrounded by miles of state game lands.

Last edited:

bigrak

Reaction score
Found this area with a beaver dam and loaded with large bear tracks. I spent several days hunting it in hopes of getting a bear. The only glimpse was of a bounding deer inside a brushy bog.

Last edited:

bigrak

Reaction score
While moving to a different area I found this rub and spent many days in the general area looking for fresh tracks. We got some snow and the next day I hit that same area hard tracking.
In the afternoon I finally saw what I believe was the buck that rubbed this tree. A huge dark heavy racked 10pt. buck typical of what
I would find in Maine, accompanied by a huge doe. They were standing in between too many oak trees to be able to get a good shot.
Knowing bad weather was coming in, I kept on his track to maybe catch him feeding until it got dark but I never saw him again.
I really was heart broken. Hopefully he will be around and be bigger for next season. Perhaps the archery season.

Last edited:

bigrak

Reaction score
Overnight gave us more snow. During the day the wind and snow was fierce with temps near zero, so we stayed in. Come noon I was getting antsy and wanted to see if there was a big buck roaming the area. I put my warmest stuff on including my old Red Ball pac boots.
I went from tree to tree to shield myself from the wind when I found several tracks and followed them until I found this big bodied buck pawing for acorns at 120yds.
With 2 days left of hunting, I needed to fill my freezer soon and this guy would do. He looked up and sensed something was up. I quickly raised my rifle and dropped him where he stood.

Last edited:

Browseline

Reaction score
Hey Roy, you should put this in the Deer hunting Forum, I don't think many folks check the PA Forum.
I've noticed that a few people seem to go from forum to forum to see what is going on. If you click on " New Posts" you get everything in front of you that you haven't opened since the last time you looked. You don't miss anything and can just pass over what your not interested in. Maybe I'm missing something and you can't do this from phones and all those other modern contraptions that are way beyond my abilities.:D

Escout711

Reaction score
I've noticed that a few people seem to go from forum to forum to see what is going on. If you click on " New Posts" you get everything in front of you that you haven't opened since the last time you looked. You don't miss anything and can just pass over what your not interested in. Maybe I'm missing something and you can't do this from phones and all those other modern contraptions that are way beyond my abilities.:D

I always check the Activity Stream, so I don't miss anything, but some guys check only specific forums.

270 bdl

Reaction score
Wow nice going! I lucked out and filled my tags, but it was pretty slim over here in western Pa.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Great story and pics....not a shabby buck either!! Congrats!! Does he have a missing antler??

Escout711

Reaction score
Nice job on a good buck Roy! As I told you when we talked, my grandfather retired to the Poconos, and my very first deer hunt was with him right in that area. You just scratched off an item on MY bucket list! Congrats!

Latest posts