Pocono Buck 2015

bigrak

Reaction score
Went back to the Pocono cabin this past season. Acomodations are great as usual.
http://www.huntingchat.net/forum/showthread.php?46252-Pics-of-the-Cabin-in-the-Pocono-Mt

Second week of Dec. was real warm. Hunting was tough.Temps were in the high 50's at times. Deer were just not moving. Headed out the last morning to
an oak ridge as the sun came up for the last day of my hunt. As I was peered thru the oaks I caught movement ahead at about 170yds. I snuck behind a tree
and looked thru my binos and observed a decent buck. I checked the wind and it was right. I moved very slowly watching where I was stepping and covering my every movement behind the trees to about 120yds. He was rubbing a good sized tree. As his head dropped I picked up the 7600P in .308 and hit him with a 180gr. from the front into his right shoulder. He took off
and ran like a race horse and disappeared intantly. I took no chances and sat down to calm my nerves. 30 min. later I snuck quietly to the tree he was rubbing .
I walked in the direction where he ran for about 100yds. and looked around but couldn't find him. I went back to the tree and saw drops of blood and started following.
I saw where he ran into a tree and veered to to the right. This tree had plenty of hair and blood on it. I followed till I saw 2 massive blood piles everywhere on the oak leaves. I looked up and could see him 50yds. away.
It wasn't the massive 10pt. I was looking for from last year but being the last day he was going to have to do.

His Demise...

Last edited:

rpc55

Reaction score
Congrats Roy! Nice buck. I was in NY that week and I remember it being very warm...

Paul/NH

Reaction score
Where the hell you been Roy? Dandy buck!! Congrats!!

NY Hunter

Reaction score
Hey Stranger! Congrats on a nice buck. All things considered, the weather and last week of the season, you did well.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Very nice buck BigRack! Really good looking rack. Very cool experience to be able to watch him rub a tree. I live in NJ and the ticks are just crazy here - I presume they are in the Poconos too?

Latest posts