Pics of the Cabin in the Pocono Mt.

VTwoodchuck

Reaction score
Dream camp Roy! Did you mention what part of Penn? To say I’m jealous would be an understatement!......

Escout711

Reaction score
Roy, please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they hunt bears using big drives in PA. The Poconos have a lot of ridiculously thick rhodedendrons, and I think they push through making noise, banging pots and pans, etc, to get the bears up and moving out of the thick shit. Is this what your family does, or do they do something different?

bigrak

Reaction score
Roy, please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they hunt bears using big drives in PA. The Poconos have a lot of ridiculously thick rhodedendrons, and I think they push through making noise, banging pots and pans, etc, to get the bears up and moving out of the thick shit. Is this what your family does, or do they do something different?
Is that what your grandfather did??? Knowing me you think I would partake in that crap??? LMAO!! I know as in Ma. they (other big groups) do drives as well.
See Post #15. Usually 2-3 hunters mostly hunting at that cabin. Still hunting and stalking is what they and I will do alone. I will be be "deer hunting" at the same time.
Big dark creepy Swamps will be my preference. When there I will speak to the spirits and send them to the one they call "Stands on Logging Roads." LOL!!!!

Last edited:

Escout711

Reaction score
Is that what your grandfather did??? Knowing me you think I would partake in that crap??? LMAO!! I know as in Ma. they (other big groups) do drives as well.
See Post #15. Usually 2-3 hunters mostly hunting at that cabin. Still hunting and stalking is what they and I will do alone. I will be be "deer hunting" at the same time.
Big dark creepy Swamps will be my preference. When there I will speak to the spirits and send them to the one they call "Stands on Logging Roads." LOL!!!!
No, my grandfather was not a bear hunter, and unfortunately for me, by the time I was old enough to hunt his best years of hunting were way behind him. I wasn't insulting you or your family Roy, I was explaining to you legitimately that is how bear hunting is done in most parts of PA. It is a tradition like hunting with dogs in e south, or hunting over doughnuts in Maine.

bigrak

Reaction score
No, my grandfather was not a bear hunter, and unfortunately for me, by the time I was old enough to hunt his best years of hunting were way behind him. I wasn't insulting you or your family Roy, I was explaining to you legitimately that is how bear hunting is done in most parts of PA. It is a tradition like hunting with dogs in e south, or hunting over doughnuts in Maine.
I know very well you weren't insulting!;) Some of us here have gotten to know each well enough to know better. :D
Strange I posted smileys and they didn't show up?

Last edited:

bmiller

Reaction score
That is a nice lookin place there bigrak good luck with the huntin,but jus to relax and not hunt there would be jus as good to me:smile:

VTHunter08

Reaction score
boy gonna be tough rough'n it in that camp isn't it? How are you guys gonna manage?? ;) Nice looking place!

bigrak

Reaction score
Hey Roy, here is something for you to think about while you are tramping through the woods do some preseason Pennsylvania scouting...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mekW0aLQUrU
All the years I hunted in Idaho I saw plenty of rattlers. You usually hear them far off first.They don't bother me any.
What I Hope to see and hear is an elk at least. Nothing sweeter to hear in nature but a bugling elk first hand! Hearing it on TV does not compare.

Last edited:

gfdeputy2

Reaction score
man don't think I could take roughing it like that for more then a couple years straight awesome looking place