Pat'rige recipes?

Big D

Reaction score
With bird season right around the corner I was wondering if you guys had any good pat'rige recipes? Headed to zone 4 on the 5th for a handful of days. Hopefully the bird hunting is better than last year or we just might go hungry. Looking forward to hearing some ideas.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Fresh! slice the breast, wet with milk then coat with panko and cooked in a little salted butter.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
My kids love them similar to Mainewoods. My personal favorite is a soup my wife makes. I don't know if she has ever written the recipe down, I think she just goes by feel. Its a chicken broth and cream base with pur?ed fiddleheads, chopped fiddleheads, fine chopped onion, partridge, salt, pepper, and possibly some other seasonings or ingredients. It is some good!

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Travis,

I read that soup recipe and immediately started salivating, I love fiddleheads! Do you guys pick and freeze them?

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Every spring when I'm kicking around the woods either turkey hunting or trout fishing I always make it a point to look for fiddleheads but I can honestly say I've never seen one. I've seen where people will pick bags of them. Guess I'm just not looking in the right spot.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Every spring when I'm kicking around the woods either turkey hunting or trout fishing I always make it a point to look for fiddleheads but I can honestly say I've never seen one. I've seen where people will pick bags of them. Guess I'm just not looking in the right spot.
Check the riverbottoms, thats where they grow the thickest.