Out of State hunts...

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Your State's travel order is ridiculous IMO. County to county travel is allowed in the state even though most are above their ridiculously low 400 cases per 1 million residents. Just doesn't make any sense. None of the travel restrictions make any sense IMO.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Your State's travel order is ridiculous IMO. County to county travel is allowed in the state even though most are above their ridiculously low 400 cases per 1 million residents. Just doesn't make any sense. None of the travel restrictions make any sense IMO.
Yeah, you could be 100% right. I don't know shit about the medical field. I was a C student in business school. I just know that some areas have more risk than others, and some areas have a LOT more risk than others. I'd love to avoid the areas with a LOT more, but some people can't go to any of them without risking an employment issue.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Anyone else with out of state hunt plans see the travel map update today? Its getting ugly(ier) out there. Coos county NH is at red level now? WTF.

It is “essential” that I make a welfare check on my camp. At 800 cases per million (red zone) that is a whopping 0.08% of the population. For reference the entire population of Coos County is less than 32,000 spread over 1830 square miles. Let that math marinate for a bit and figure out the actual risk.

They sent out an email prior to youth weekends clarifying that travel to Grafton County to hunt wasn't permissible without quarantining. My daughter asked the teacher at school why hunting wasn't considered essential because it is basically grocery shopping for meat.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
It is “essential” that I make a welfare check on my camp. At 800 cases per million (red zone) that is a whopping 0.08% of the population. For reference the entire population of Coos County is less than 32,000 spread over 1830 square miles. Let that math marinate for a bit and figure out the actual risk.

They sent out an email prior to youth weekends clarifying that travel to Grafton County to hunt wasn't permissible without quarantining. My daughter asked the teacher at school why hunting wasn't considered essential because it is basically grocery shopping for meat.
Yeah, I'm with you - the math doesn't escape me at all. And I would be flat out SHOCKED if it didn't drop in a week anyway. Besides, for people that own a place there, it would be insanity for you to NOT go. You're not going to catch and spread the 'rona 15 miles out on Megalloway/Cedar Stream/etc.

I guess I just feel hypocritical more than anything. I live near one of the main off-ramps of I91 for Okemo, Killington, Stratton, etc - and I see lines of cars from states with huge caseloads, and I can't help but wonder if they're making things worse...so I'd hate to be the guy with out of state plates parked at the Rub for a week. I could easily spend my vaca time in the 3 counties of Maine that are "legal" for me to visit - but, blue laws really get me worked up....

NH Hunter

Reaction score
To me.... it's what happens when you're having 10000x more tests done daily than we were six months ago. There easily could have been the same amount of "positive tests" all summer if we were testing the same amount of people. Governor Sunnunu released a statement that WMUR chose to actually publish.... Basically out of every 10,000 people , 94 had a positive test. That's not hospitalizations, deaths or symptoms....... that's everyone including asymptomatic. I'll wear my mask where I'm asked , like when I voted today but other than that I'm not losing sleep and going into panic mode.

I'll stay clear of people who would be vulnerable if catching it, but we are still working and carrying on as usual. Good luck if you make it to NH

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
I just got back from Coos County. I stayed at my Dad's place in the NEK and drove over every day to hunt on snow. I never stopped in NH, except to hunt.

I can tell you, I saw more hunters with Massachusetts plates than any other state. Vermont plates were second. Others are traveling to hunt, and IMO we should too. Just use common sense.

The county in Maine that I hunt is red. I'm still going. We will just be smart about our stops.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
If I’m questioned I just say that I’m going to a protest, or a dancing in the streets Biden celebration. Those are proven by the media to be non virus spreaders.

Snowed

Reaction score
IMO, the rona is real. However, I think the guidelines and requirements are what’s out of control.
Don’t worry, After the results of this past week, it’ll all be fixed soon enough. (Trying to keep politics out of It)

VTsnowjet

Reaction score
I had family members get mad when I said 3 weeks after election scamdemic would be non issue, well 7 days after election they announce a vaccine 90% effectiveness. I am out of state now hunting and will be out of state week of Thanksgiving hunting, deer dont socially distance.

Latest posts