Opening Day, Tomorrow!

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
My son and I just got all the gear ready. Early bow deer season starts tomorrow. During the first couple of weeks you can shoot a buck only if you shoot a doe first. I find that the first week before the bucks get spooked is a good time to get a nice one, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to get a doe. Supposed to drop down possibly into the upper 40's tonight, so it should be a nice morning. Hopefully I will have something to post here tomorrow! Have this strange looking buck that my son would like to shoot. I'm thinking it is an older deer, might still be in velvet. Some other decent ones around. A couple of 8's and 9's, but nothing too exciting yet.

. View attachment 23768 07310074.JPG 09090904.JPG

Last edited:

Mikejd

Reaction score
Good luck. I have been hunting county park land they are not open for early bow. I have to wait for the first.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a bow this winter to be ready to go next fall. Too many opportunities down here not to do it. I know it is a lot of work/practice but should be fun. Good Luck LB and hope your boy gets his buck. Is his school not in person? I thought he was a freshman in college this year?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a bow this winter to be ready to go next fall. Too many opportunities down here not to do it. I know it is a lot of work/practice but should be fun. Good Luck LB and hope your boy gets his buck. Is his school not in person? I thought he was a freshman in college this year?
Sorry just saw this. He is a senior in high school. In September it was in person, but now it is all virtual. Some senior year....

Latest posts