One step closer to Quebec outfitting camp..

vtbuckrulrss

Reaction score
Got an offer yesterday...unlimited bear. Small game. Moose. Fishing negotiable. 2 camps. 50sq miles...5 year lease...just trying to figure out how to make it work between the family and job here, what a reasonable goal might be...so many factors..

JDK

Reaction score
Hope it works out for you.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Good luck. 5 years is a longtime and a long commitment. How far is the land from home? How many weeks or weekends a year would you be up there scouting and guiding?

Big D

Reaction score
Sounds nice. Good luck. Hope you can make it work for you.

vtbuckrulrss

Reaction score
And POOF. The dream is gone, for now. The guy I was going to be subleasing under, went on vacation. Came back to an email from current owner. He sold the place. No warning. No heads up that there was another potential buyer..

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Wow nothing like the carpet being pulled out from under you! Thats crazy!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
And POOF. The dream is gone, for now. The guy I was going to be subleasing under, went on vacation. Came back to an email from current owner. He sold the place. No warning. No heads up that there was another potential buyer..
Probably a blessing in disguise . Better that it happened now rather then 3 years into a 5 year lease, you feeling like you're getting established, countless trips burning gas up there to have the same result. Hope you can find something else Pat.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Maybe, Shaun. The good news, is the guy that I would be subleasing through, is still looking, and by all accounts, wants to keep me involved..
How confident are you this guy would have returned your sublease money had you already written a check?

vtbuckrulrss

Reaction score
I've talked with him at the shows in Essex now, for three or four years. Plus, online. And of course, hunted moose through him this past season. Mutual acquaintances all say, he is a stand up guy. No doubt in my mind, he would have returned any money sent..