One of our own is in "the show".

Mikejd

Reaction score
I also watched this today. Great video. Looked like some nice snow conditions.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
Nice video Matt. If there is still daylight, I'll pick up a track.

I picked one up at 3:00pm one afternoon this season. I almost got a crack at that buck too!

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
Ha - thanks guys. Filmed that in late December.
I've come to the realization that there are a whole lot of people who don't have the opportunities most of us here have had, and pieces like that may help someone cross into becoming a hunter. Not having kids, I guess this is one of the ways I'll pass on what little knowledge I have.
With a bunch more time off headed my way, can you think of other tracking skills I (or you!) think we should share? Stuff we take for granted?

Last day of hare season today - out the door I go!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I think someone doing a breakdown 101 on why a person hunts where they do. Maybe some slight topo breakdown, showing the importance of knowing the road system around the area you plan to hunt, basic compass explanation. I was fortunate enough to have mentors show me their knowledge, but if someone was just starting out not knowing where to hunt, why to hunt there or how to hunt there just a little crash course might push them in the direction of confidence they need.

Great job again Matt.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Good stuff Matt. Anytime you can get to hone your skills is time well spent. Some of the best deer hunting cross training I ever did was on hare hunts. Fast gunning and track aging on a smaller scale.

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
Good stuff Matt. Anytime you can get to hone your skills is time well spent. Some of the best deer hunting cross training I ever did was on hare hunts. Fast gunning and track aging on a smaller scale.
I totally agree on the hare hunting! Too bad the season is over - fresh falling snow here today.

JDK

Reaction score
I agree with the others. That is a nice video.

Latest posts