Older Muley 3x2

BCBear

Reaction score
Here's a 3x2 from October any buck season in BC. He has a small tine off the main beam that is less than an inch so he can't be the 3x3 he really wants to be. I was surprised to see such a wide and tall 3x2. I think he's old because his burrs run fairly high off the beginnings of the antler as well there being some holes and indentations in and along his hardware it looked as if there were tines there before?? I checked his teeth and they were very worn down on one side. This deer also had lots of green lichen like material on his antlers that I have never seen before on any mature buck.
He was standing at the end of a cut about 200 yds away and I aimed high with my .243, about 3 feet above him and hit him just by his ear. He was down before the scope settled after the boom. On another note; there was lots of traffic by hunters in the area so I hiked in behind it all to an isolated part of an adjacent cut that was not easily accessed. I wasn't in there 5 minutes before he appeared way at the back of the cut an hour before sunset. It reminded me of a buck on a box of shells! Thanks for reading BCB.

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
He's a beauty! Thanks for sharing.
BC certainly strikes me as paradise for a hunter, especially as a resident.

Latest posts