Ojibwas first NH season

ojibwa

Reaction score
got in the woods a little after 2:30, beautiful day a tad warm but very pleasant long sleeve camo tee and camo pants..

all was quiet till around 3:30 when I see a huge Bobcat one of the biggest I have ever seen, he is quartering away from so I decide to mess with him.. I put a finger to my lips and made a couple loud squeaks, he turns and comes in at a trot and stops 20 yds away on a log looking for the source of the noise..After about a min or so he turns a slowly walks away so I squeak again he turns broadside at 25 yds and man I really wanted to shoot him even eased my bow up and drew with the pin on him, but nope can't kill a Bobby here so I watched him walk away..
All was calm for about 20min when a group of turkey came in behind me and as usual with turkeys when you are in a tree stand they pegged me at 40 yards and started putting and skirted around me... I watched them go to roost about 30 min later..

No deer this afternoon but still a great sit..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Moved a ladder stand a few yards from where it was, now it's tucked between a couple large pines and hid much better..also had to cut down two widowmakers that made me a little nervous. Now maybe those dang turkeys won't spot me next time... IMG_20151107_113206273.jpg

Last edited:

ojibwa

Reaction score
Woods absolutely dead this evening not even a squirrel.... And I left my easyhanger in another tree..lol

ojibwa

Reaction score
got a couple vids this week , first buck on cam looks like a 2.5 hope he makes it another year..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Went back to retrieve scent wick and do a quick necropsy also followed blood trail from shot to where he fell just for practice.... Just as I thought heart shot, this is the exit side barely made it through the entrance side looks like jelly... IMG_20151109_141326710.jpg

ojibwa

Reaction score
Hunted this afternoon in the same area I killed the shot hoping I might see the 6pt not sure if I would kill him if I did....the woods were dead calm except for two squirrels.. I bumped a couple doe at my ladder on the way home..I know where I will be in the AM...

ojibwa

Reaction score
OK I admit it got up for the rifle opener looked out the window was raining so got back in n bed..... Up now 5 cups of coffee and getting gear together for the afternoon...I have not heard any shots this morning from the cutover behind the house....gonna take the climber out around 1 and sit in a funnel..

ojibwa

Reaction score
slow slow and slower ....went out at 2:30 sat till dark heard two shots in the distance at dusk and watched a couple gray squirrels for a few hours other then that it was pretty dead...

ojibwa

Reaction score
Misty and rainy all day, decided to take a day off and move a ladder stand , thought about picking up the shotty and doing a little still hunting but just can't make myself pick up a gun to deer hunt..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Wind blowing like hell today with no end in sight, I guess I will grab the bow and the climber and head out..I hope my tree doesn't blow over..lol

ojibwa

Reaction score
Hunted a new spot sat afternoon, on the way in I pulled a cam card out of a cam..I hunted out of a pine that was nestled between two big helocks so had great cover,sat from 2 till dark didn't see a thing but it was very windy...when I got home I checked the card , had several doe pics and buck with a messed up leg that I am on the fence about shooting.. PICT0001.jpg

ojibwa

Reaction score
Did a little still hunting this morning ,covered about a mile and a half... Saw very little sign except for a few tracks and one rub near a beaver pond.. IMG_20151116_114346772.jpg

ojibwa

Reaction score
No hunting today i am beat...... Planning an all day sit down tomorrow..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Work done , now out the door for a sit till the rain gets here..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Hunted the far back corner of the cutover close the where I killed the spike....watching a skidder trail and creek crossing... IMG_20151119_140722836.jpg

ojibwa

Reaction score
Same spot view behind me.hoping in a few years and it will thicken up in here then it should hold more deer.. IMG_20151119_140734785.jpg

Latest posts