Ojibwas first NH season

ojibwa

Reaction score
This will be my first year deer hunting in NH. I know it's going to be tough I will have to use everything I have learned in 45 years of deer hunting..I think it will be a lot like northern MI low deer density and above avg hunting pressure..I like to think I am up for the challenge but time will tell.. I have been doing a lot of scouting and have located several doe groups and where the ladies are the buck won't be far away... I have one more cam pull to decide where I will be tuesday morning..already have two loc ons out and the climber is ready,been shooting everyday so the bow and me are dialed in.. There is also a bear in the area so I bought a tag just in case,not sure if I want to shoot a bear or not but if he shows I might.

Last edited:

ojibwa

Reaction score
Beautiful opening morn didn't hunt had family obligations . I will be in a tree this pm though..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Pm hunt was slow lots of squirrels a racoon and a glimpse of a Fisher,overall good sit a bit warm and the Skeeter's were bad......note to self thermocell today..

ojibwa

Reaction score
putting a lot of time in the stand still scouting and moving cams around, can't seem to get away from the doe's[might have to shoot one], we will see what the next cam pull shows on Sunday..

ojibwa

Reaction score
NH trying its best to kick my ass, not gonna let it happen...I am zeroing in on some doe groups bout time to tag one...

ojibwa

Reaction score
Tonight was bust... The only thing I hate more the another deer Hunter crowding me is having a small game Hunter with a dog walk by twice...

ojibwa

Reaction score
A quick scouting trip after church and found some fresh scrapes, they were on the edge of a fairly open area so I suspect night time activity, but if they are starting to scrape the ruts not far off..love it when the scrapes go cold then you know the chase is on...

ojibwa

Reaction score
Put out a cam near one of my loc ons I have only hunted in the afternoons , walked up on three doe and several turkey within easy bow range of the stand... Time was 1:30 in the afternoon and if am not mistaken the moon was directly over head.

ojibwa

Reaction score
10/22/15

warm and sticky almost 70 here is Rochester got in the stand at 2:30 a little befor 4 the bottom feel out and frog toggs at home.. Soaked to the skin

ojibwa

Reaction score
It happened again....I go the pull a loc on and a cam.in a spot I have hunted a half dozen times, and you guessed it 3 does less then a 100 yards from it..lol

ojibwa

Reaction score
Decided to hunt a spot I didn't have a stand but have seen 3 doe's twice, so I went in with my climber.the afternoon was fairly slow till right before dark when I saw the three doe's easing towards me down the edge of the cutover.. They got to within 25 yards and milled around a bit then turned to the left and up the ridge...once again I could have killed a deer, not sure how many more chances I will get but those does all seemed young and not real big maybe 80 to 90 pounds.I think its the same little group I have a few pics of.......daddy is going to show up eventually

ojibwa

Reaction score
got a new spot to scout today behind a house that the wife saw three does in the yard of yesterday, I talked to the owner she sees deer in her yard almost every evening...
Its going to hard to find a time to hunt it because she has several feral children who play in the woods often.lol.

ojibwa

Reaction score
Daytime visitor, the cam is five yards from the base of my tree..... PICT0008.JPG

ojibwa

Reaction score
Instead of hunting this morning I got up at daylight a took a 3 hour ride from Rochester to Farmington and over to Barrington the gonic..I drove all side rds and back roads and drove slow scanning the woods and field edges..I probably looked like a road hunter..lol The number of deer seen zero, kind of depressing.. This afternoon I was on the edge of a cutover in a climber where I had seen a few doe's didn't see a thing this evening..

ojibwa

Reaction score
last night 10/27/ I hunted the cutover close to where we have been seeing 3 doe's fairly regular, its about 200 yds behind a house that is east of me, at about 4:00 the kids that live in that house decided it would be a good time to play outside, had they stayed in their yard it would have been fine but they decided to play in the cutover behind the house, so much for my hunt..I really cant complain I like to see the kids outside and not glued to the TV or computer.

Hunted behind the house in the AM sat from 6 till 11 had some squirrel action but thats about it.

ojibwa

Reaction score
Doe's are starting to show back up, going to put a ladder up behind the house and took the loc-on down a ladder is just easier to get it and out of more quietly is more comfortable and has more room..

ojibwa

Reaction score
Doe's coming in like clock work, but it seems like every other morning... PICT0008.jpg

ojibwa

Reaction score
Put out a couple cams set to video mode hoping to get some vids of deer I have been missing on single pic mode..

MAYBE SOME CHASIN!

Latest posts