NJ Opening Day Gun

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Tomorrow is opening day of the gun season in NJ. A little later that most. Will be looking for a buck or bear. Going to be wet, but I will have my rain gear on and tree umbrella up. Will see what comes around.

Hoping to see one of these.

Good luck to anyone else going out.

Attachments

Mikejd

Reaction score
I hope you have the tractor ready in case that bear comes in.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope you have the tractor ready in case that bear comes in.
I do. Have a big 4wd JD with loader. Should be able to get close enough to get a chain to him wherever he falls. I don't expect to see him, but you never know. I do know that his weakness can be rain. He seems to feel safe moving in it. Going to cost me many thousands if I pull the trigger. Have to get it mounted life size. Thinking about having him done sitting, like this.

Attachments

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I get anxious when I think about shooting him. Not sure if I will. Almost like an old friend. Been on the property so long. Might be better than him rotting away in the woods though. He is getting pretty old looking.

Attachments

Mikejd

Reaction score
I get anxious when I think about shooting him. Not sure if I will. Almost like an old friend. Been on the property so long. Might be better than him rotting away in the woods though. He is getting pretty old looking.
Plus he has to have heart issues and high colesterol or something. I think memorialized in your trophy room os a better place to end up.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Good luck and we hope you have a great encounter with any of those studs. Mounted sitting with a donut in his mouth would be appropriate.

Roger-