NJ governor bans bear hunting on public land.

longbow

Reaction score
Yes in the name of Public Safety LOL. He’s as liberal as they get. Now if the governor can ban bear hunting on state land couldn’t he ban all hunting? Crazy.

medrhunter

Reaction score
Its just the beginning.
I'm sure he'll find a way to divert $$$$ from hunting licenses away from game land conservation too.

BearHunter

Reaction score
I have to agree, only the beginning with this screw ball
True. Murphy has already publicly stated his goal is to ban bear hunting in NJ 100%.
He has asked the state legislature to send him a bill that would ban bear hunting within the state and he will sign it.
Right now it is just an executive order over the state owned lands.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
It was the first year I hoped to try bear hunting here. As of now I will head from NJ up to NH to give bear hunting a try. I really don't understand any of the rationale that I have heard down here. They are worried about safety? It is hard for people (not living here) to understand but north of RT 80 and west of Rt 287 has lots of rural area - lots. They understand the over population but want to try other methods to remove the bears? What are those? Trap them and relocate them to PA? How does that work?
The biologist suggest that the population will double in 4 years. The biologist want to manage the herd better. No one wants to listen.

I guess it is just anti-hunting - shocker!

Igloo

Reaction score
Attitudes might change as bear-human conflicts get out of hand.

longbow

Reaction score
Attitudes might change as bear-human conflicts get out of hand.
It is out of hand now.

Had a hiker killed last year by a bear, breaking into houses, chicken coops, killing sheep and attacking ponies, etc. etc.

Hunting is not an option to them. We are at fault for invading the bears home.

These kooks care not least for our traditions, and way of life. They want everyone to get everything for free, make the same amount of money, and hold hands with bears and other animals.

Attachments

NH Hunter

Reaction score
It is out of hand now.

Had a hiker killed last year by a bear, breaking into houses, chicken coops, killing sheep and attacking ponies, etc. etc.
think of the bright side..... eventually the bears will keep doing you a favor thinning the idiot herd out. Shit will hit the fan when someones kid is attacked playing on a swing set in their backyard.

Igloo

Reaction score
In central NH, bear numbers are seriously up. I've got bears literally knocking on my front door now. Hoping they increase the hunt soon. I'd love a spring bear hunt, or a two-bear limit.

NY Hunter

Reaction score
Christie wasn't so bad, but I live in NY. I remember though when he took office one of the things he did early on was to reopen the bear season. Murphy, and people with the same mind set, will take the state down the tubes unfortunately. We've got our own problems with Cuomo. Hate him.