Nice Trout

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Son just got home after fishing with some friends on a local stream. He said it gave him quite a fight and after about 15 minutes they finally got it beached. 25" and 7lbs! His biggest Jersey stockie so far.

He lost the spinners I sent him out with and borrowed the pictured one that he caught the trout on. Anyone know what it is called? I'm sure he will want more!

Thanks!
IMG_4491.PNG
IMG_4488 (1).jpg IMG_4489.jpg

Last edited:

mowbizz

Reaction score
Son just got home after fishing with some friends on a local stream. He said it gave him quite a fight and after about 15 minutes they finally got it beached. 25" and 7lbs! His biggest Jersey stockie so far.

He lost the spinners I sent him out with and borrowed the pictured one that he caught the trout on. Anyone know what it is called? I'm sure he will want more!

Thanks!
View attachment 24762 View attachment 24763
Looks like one of those chinese "dollar store" Mepps Aglias

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Great friggin trout!!!! Congrats to him!!! Looks like a rooster tail imitation. Bunch of different colors and blade materials.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Or it's an old school panther Martin maybe?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice bow. Whatever that spinner is the hooks need to be upgraded.
Yes, definitely.
UPDATE
After speaking with my son some more, and getting down to all the details, I found something out. I asked him if he bent the hooks pulling it out of the trout? He said that actually he caught the trout on either the gold Mepps or gold Panther Martin that I had given him to use. He is not sure which one, but after he caught the trout he began fishing again and lost the lure. He then tied on the pictured spinner that his friend gave him. My bad....

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Not sure what I'm happier about.... Seeing a picture of your boy smiling with a giant bow, or that 3 teenage boys spent a rainy day fishing for trout!!!! It gives me hope!!

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure what I'm happier about.... Seeing a picture of your boy smiling with a giant bow, or that 3 teenage boys spent a rainy day fishing for trout!!!! It gives me hope!!
Thank you! I was hoping someone would appreciate the picture. Great friends, all seniors this year and football teammates for many years. One off to Cornell,(big guy on left, linebacker, D1 school), one to Rowan, D3, and my son to Albright D3, all playing football.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Man NJ takes care of their stocking program huh? Seems like you could catch them with a Winston cigarette filter and a rusty hook!!! LOL

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Man NJ takes care of their stocking program huh? Seems like you could catch them with a Winston cigarette filter and a rusty hook!!! LOL
Hey, give me some credit will ya! :D Well, they are stocked trout and I've found, over the years, certain techniques that work well. Amazing how many people go out and catch few if any. I busted my butt today hiking way back in thru stickers and blowdowns. Found some nice log jams that had a lot of trout holding under them. No people tracks at all in the mud. Not too many go to far from where they throw them in along the roads. Reference the picture with the Rapala; I normally don't use a swivel with the Rapala's, but just tie directly to it, but I must have just taken a spinner off and didn't feel like retying. I am currently using a sturdy rod and 10lb test line, so if I hook a 7 pounder I will have a chance, in the log jams. I like to target the big ones.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Man NJ takes care of their stocking program huh?
They do a good job, but only stock rainbows, because of a bacteria problem at the hatchery that affects the browns and brookies. They used to stock browns, which I loved because they can stand the warmer water in the summer and hold over and grow big. Hopefully, they will get the problem solved.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
They do a good job, but only stock rainbows, because of a bacteria problem at the hatchery that affects the browns and brookies. They used to stock browns, which I loved because they can stand the warmer water in the summer and hold over and grow big. Hopefully, they will get the problem solved.
You're lucky. We are lucky to see a 14 incher stocked here.

Latest posts