Nice guy, I never even spoke to...

Steve/NH

Reaction score
Thanks!!.....is what I'd like to say to the guy in Hudson we ran into tonight if your on here either as a member or a guest. I'll explain....Got in a little late (2:30-2:45pm) to the spot Brad and I have as double tree stand and have been hunting all season there is a truck parked there. "Oh well, what are the chances of running into him" I said. :rolleyes:. Walked the main trail in about 1/4 - 1/3 mile and cut in at one of the many breaks in the rock wall, and where our tack line is. About 40 yards down the trail I see a guy sitting against a tree. A quick wave and because we still had 150+ yards to go, I tell brad lets keep going to our stand. We get to our stand and theres a guy sitting 20 yards from it. Bummed me out but I live by the 1st come 1st serve rule, as we start to move off to find another spot, I look back at him and he signals me to stay put...he is going to move. I gave him the thumbs up and off he goes. I should have gone over and thanked him but he was gone before I thought of it. Good experience for me and Brad. I told Brad that just because we have treestand setup, doesn't mean others can't hunt the spot if we're not there so I owuld have gladly gone and sat somewhere else. Have had some bad experiences while hunting so it was nice to have this one even if we never spoke.

UltraTec

Reaction score
It's too bad more people don't have the attitudes displayed by both you and the other hunter.

Steve/NH

Reaction score
Thanks. Sad to think this attitude may not be the norm out there in the hunting woods. Quite honestly, this really took me by suprise.

Hoyt Hunter

Reaction score
you should have taught brad a lesson on how to beat the bag out of people in your hunting spots.... jk :)

NH-Archer

Reaction score
Sad to think this attitude may not be the norm out there in the hunting woods. Quite honestly, this really took me by suprise.
I totally agree!!! Sad....

you should have taught brad a lesson on how to beat the bag out of people in your hunting spots
:D:D

Turningleaf

Reaction score
Nice Guy

Kinda gives ya the warm fuzzies...No...

On the serious side though, that's a great sportsmanship. Question. Did he stay close enough to help you drag your deer out! Know that mista wouldve been the Sportsman of the year award!

willy13

Reaction score
Thanks. Sad to think this attitude may not be the norm out there in the hunting woods. Quite honestly, this really took me by suprise.

That was a helluva story Steve, It was a pleasure reading..Here's a story for ya, I just got back from Ohio...Second morning of my I get to morning spot at least an hour before daylight, I wanted to be early, to see if I could hear chasing...I get set up and wait for daylight, 45 minutes before daylight here comes two flashlights, there 100 yards away coming directly toward me, so I kindly flicker my light at them to let them know of my presence...They flicker back....so they see me...they friggin keep walking directly at me in the dark..at 50 yards they stop, one goes left, and the other SOB comes walking to within 25 yards of me..He shuts down his light at 25 yards..I can hear him getting his stand ready to go up a tree...I'm so goddamn pissed off it aint funny...I finally blew my gasket...In the dark, there was a screaming match...I gave it to him big time...anyways...i'm really glad to hear that if someone is already setup you and others would move off and treat other sportsman with respect...thats the way its suppose to be in the woods...I don't know what that friggin guy was thinking...

N

NH Hunter

That was a helluva story Steve, It was a pleasure reading..Here's a story for ya, I just got back from Ohio...Second morning of my I get to morning spot at least an hour before daylight, I wanted to be early, to see if I could hear chasing...I get set up and wait for daylight, 45 minutes before daylight here comes two flashlights, there 100 yards away coming directly toward me, so I kindly flicker my light at them to let them know of my presence...They flicker back....so they see me...they friggin keep walking directly at me in the dark..at 50 yards they stop, one goes left, and the other SOB comes walking to within 25 yards of me..He shuts down his light at 25 yards..I can hear him getting his stand ready to go up a tree...I'm so goddamn pissed off it aint funny...I finally blew my gasket...In the dark, there was a screaming match...I gave it to him big time...anyways...i'm really glad to hear that if someone is already setup you and others would move off and treat other sportsman with respect...thats the way its suppose to be in the woods...I don't know what that friggin guy was thinking...
That samething happened to my friend last year in Ohio.

I got one for you, my best friends dad shot a cocka of a buck yesterday. He was on Army Corp Eng. land. He's standing there waiting for the rest of the guys to come and check out the deer, exchange hugs and high fives. When out of no where comes this guy in a yellow vest. He's about 400-500 yards from the nearest house. The guy looks at the deer, at him, back at the deer and yells "YOU SHOT MY BUCK!!!" about three different times. Then tells him my property is right there. Pointing in a direction they weren't even hunting on. My question would have been, "then why the F%$k aren't you out hunting YOUR buck?!!!"

Steve/NH

Reaction score
Unreal stories guys. Pretty funny Gary....Did he go home wearing his climber around his neck ? :D

Remi

Reaction score
I had some guy pretty pissed because I parked near him yesterday; asked if it was standard procedure to park near other peoples trucks. My uncle has hunted this place for 15 years, I've been hunting it for 5 - they drove over an hour to check it out and I guess they think that if they are parked there than that's it? We weren't following these guys and if we had seen them in the woods we would have kindly walked the other way. The place where we were parked is the only place to park and it's a huge piece of woods - didn't think it was a problem parking even though someone else was already there; is this an etiquette thing? Am I missing something?

Latest posts