Nh legislation

mowbizz

Reaction score
I always carried anyway…😂
(On my own property because I’ve never been on public trails…well maybe 30 years ago when I had snow machines.)

frontierrots

Reaction score
Full senate passed the amended trail camera bill yesterday (no permission mentioned in it)

It now heads back to the house for more work
Not even close to law yet

Senate also finished killing the grey squirrel bill

frontierrots

Reaction score
HB490 trail camera bill update

Committee of congress met today to have both house and senate committees discuss the bill changes the senate made

the house did not challenge anything other than fix the firearm / black powder portion

So “appears” that the senate version will pass
No permission but cameras and stands need to be labeled etc as passed by senate

It’s not law yet
It’s got more steps to go

Below is the non firearm portion as it currently stands
The landowner permission part is gone (senate removed it)

“So this is the camera portion that passed

To my understanding it won’t change the cell cam “same calendar day” restriction that is current law

“AN ACT
relative to the definitions of "game camera" and "hunting day," relative to the use of game cameras, relative to the use of temporary tree stands or observation blinds, and relative to the definition of "firearm."
Amend the bill by replacing all after section 2 with the following:
3 New Section; General Provisions as to Fish and Game; Use of Game Cameras. Amend RSA 207 by inserting after section 62 the following new section:
207:63 Use of Game Cameras.
I. Any person taking or attempting to take a game animal or fur-bearing animal may use a
game camera to locate, surveil, aid, or assist in any attempt to locate or surveil any game animal or fur-bearing animal.
II. A landowner may remove a game camera which the landowner has not authorized to remain on his or her property. A landowner shall notify the owner of any game camera that the landowner removes.
III. A person who places a game camera on the private property of another shall label the camera with that person's name and contact information.
IV. A property owner may contact a local or state law enforcement officer or a conservation officer to remove a game camera which was placed in violation of this section.
V. This section shall not prohibit:
(a) The use of a game camera to deter theft or vandalism of a motor vehicle when the
motor vehicle is temporarily parked; or
(b) The lawful use of implanted or attached electronic devices by fish and game
department staff or other persons holding a scientific permit from the executive director to identify, monitor, and track animals; or
(c) Any device placed or used in accordance with a warrant or in accordance with other lawful actions of law enforcement officers and personnel of the fish and game department in the performance of their official duties.
VI. Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of violation and subject to a fine of up to $1,000 for each offense and, for a second or subsequent conviction under this section, forfeiture of the placed equipment.

Amendment to HB 490 - Page 2 -
1 4 Fish and Game; Use of Tree Stands, Observation Blinds, and Pit Blinds. Amend RSA 207:36-
2 a, V to read as follows:
3 V. [All property owner permits shall expire on December 31 of each year unless rescinded by
4 the property owner or designee.] A portable or temporary tree stand or observation blind that
5 does not violate paragraphs I or II of this section may be erected on the land of another
6 between August 31 and December 31 of a calendar year. All portable or temporary tree
7 stands or observation blinds shall be removed from the property by January 1, unless
8 allowed by the written permission of the landowner. The portable or temporary tree stand
9 or observation blind shall be labeled with the name and address of the owner in a clearly
10 visible manner not higher than 6 feet off the ground, using an identification sign made of
11 durable material at least 3 inches by 6 inches in size.””

frontierrots

Reaction score
Edit!!

Update! 5/19/22 camera bill
In crazy twist
Last minute in the seconds before this passed out of the Committee of conference a new player in the mix got the bill killed
This is now dead

No change to current law

338 Bear Hunter

Reaction score
Edit!!

Update! 5/19/22 camera bill
In crazy twist
Last minute in the seconds before this passed out of the Committee of conference a new player in the mix got the bill killed
This is now dead

No change to current law
Good news. We need new hunting laws like we need expensive gasoline.

frontierrots

Reaction score
From Rep John Burt

NH now has 100% true Constitutional Carry.
You can now carry a gun on a snowmobile and ATV in New Hampshire.

What a ride.
3 terms, 6 years it took to get my snowmobile and ATV Constitutional Carry bill passed and signed into law.

Thank you to all the House Representatives from both parties that voted yes, Republican Senators, Governor Sununu for signing my bill today, and everyone else that help me.

Thank you again,
NH Representative John Burt
Goffstown, Weare, Deering”

mowbizz

Reaction score
From Rep John Burt

NH now has 100% true Constitutional Carry.
You can now carry a gun on a snowmobile and ATV in New Hampshire.

What a ride.
3 terms, 6 years it took to get my snowmobile and ATV Constitutional Carry bill passed and signed into law.

Thank you to all the House Representatives from both parties that voted yes, Republican Senators, Governor Sununu for signing my bill today, and everyone else that help me.

Thank you again,
NH Representative John Burt
Goffstown, Weare, Deering”
Thank you for reporting this! In truth, this never stopped me from carrying when I had those kinds of vehicles…😊

frontierrots

Reaction score
Another update from rep Burt

Governor Sununu needs another hug from me, he signed HB1178 into law.

AN ACT prohibiting the state from enforcing any federal statute, regulation, or Presidential Executive Order that restricts or regulates the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

I want to thank every supporter of this great law that helped make this come true for NH. God Bless America, New Hampshire, and the Second Amendment.
Governor's statement and now new law are below.

Thank you,
Representative John Burt,
Goffstown, Weare, Deering

Governor Sununu issued the following statement regarding HB 1178:
“New Hampshire has a proud tradition of responsible firearms stewardship, and I’ve long said that I’m not looking to make any changes to our laws,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “This bill will ensure that New Hampshire’s law enforcement efforts will be on our own State firearms laws – and that’s where I believe their focus should be.”

HOUSE BILL 1178
AN ACT prohibiting the state from enforcing any federal statute, regulation, or Presidential Executive Order that restricts or regulates the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

This bill prohibits the state of New Hampshire, a political subdivision of this state, or any person acting under the color of state, county, or municipal law from using any personnel or financial resources to enforce, administer, or cooperate with any law, act, rule, order, or regulation of the United States Government or Executive Order of the President of the United States that is inconsistent with any law of this state regarding the regulation of firearms, ammunition, magazines or the ammunition feeding devices, firearm components, firearms supplies, or knives.

SPONSORS: Rep. Burt, Hills. 39; Rep. Stapleton, Sull. 5; Rep. Hopper, Hills. 2; Rep. Silber, Belk. 2; Rep. Nunez, Hills. 37; Rep. True, Rock. 4; Rep. Hill, Merr. 3; Rep. Kelsey, Hills. 7; Rep. Folsom, Graf. 11; Rep. Kofalt, Hills. 4; Sen. Avard, Dist 12; Sen. Ricciardi, Dist 9”

Latest posts