NH Hunter 2020 Moose Hunt

Browseline

Reaction score
Nice bull! And a fairly easy job getting it out. Thanks for the story and pictures. You put a lot of work into the hunt and preparing for it and had a good time. Congratulations.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Congrats on a nice bull. You worked hard for that too. I just got back today from my Maine Zone 5 Cow hunt that lasted all of 30 Minutes on Monday and will put some pictures up later.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I can’t believe you made it 7 days into a 9 day hunt with that mustache. 4 days in I would have been convinced it was bad luck and hacked it off!!! 😄

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I can’t believe you made it 7 days into a 9 day hunt with that mustache. 4 days in I would have been convinced it was bad luck and hacked it off!!! 😄
I only had it two days. I started with a full beard that I was convinced was bad luck. That's how I ended up with that on my lip!!

RussellBro2

Reaction score
Sounds like an unforgettable hunt... that's what its all about. Curious to know the age of that bull. Doesn't look ancient... but he ain't a young'un either. Was rooting for you all week and was excited when the news came in. Def let the beard grow back in for November's hero shots

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Sounds like an unforgettable hunt... that's what its all about. Curious to know the age of that bull. Doesn't look ancient... but he ain't a young'un either. Was rooting for you all week and was excited when the news came in. Def let the beard grow back in for November's hero shots
They said 5.5 years old based on tooth samples. I thought it was younger than that, but then again I didn’t ask him for ID prior to tossing some lead his way.

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
They said 5.5 years old based on tooth samples. I thought it was younger than that, but then again I didn’t ask him for ID prior to tossing some lead his way.
Not to derail, but I was involved in the recovery of a tracking collar in VT that was on a 4.5 year old bull (collared as a calf). Obviously he died, so there was perhaps an illness, but his rack looked like one that should have been on a 2.5 y/o. I think there is some suspicion that dealing with ticks delays antler growth in those calves that survive.

Latest posts