NH Hunter 2020 Moose Hunt

Big D

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear the stories. You've definitely found some good ones. Good luck and have fun.

Fish4life

Reaction score
NH Hunter, I have cam pics of a several different bull moose traveling together in the past week. Both times it was a mature bull with a young One tagging along. I assumed they would be so chummy with each other this time of year. Have you seen the same behavior?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
NH Hunter, I have cam pics of a several different bull moose traveling together in the past week. Both times it was a mature bull with a young One tagging along. I assumed they would be so chummy with each other this time of year. Have you seen the same behavior?
I haven't. I have videos of smaller bulls on their feet all hours of the day though from my cameras and others sending me their vids or pics.

JDK

Reaction score
Good luck. Some nice bulls around.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Thank you all. As you can imagine, I've had some sleepless nights this week. Not because "I have to get my moose", I'm just excited to get in the woods, shut my phone off and enjoy Mother Nature for the next 9 days if that's what it takes.

I learned a lot from my 2005 moose hunt. I was so consumed by needing to kill a moose that it wasn't as much "fun" as it should've been. My commitment since being drawn was to take as many pictures, videos as possible. To enjoy and recognize how lucky we are to have this permit. If we fill our tag, that's great. If not, we've had a blast scouting and a reason every weekend to get together and be in the woods.

With life moving faster due to being older and a parent I don't spend nearly the time outdoors as I did in my 20's. This hunt has changed all that. To me personally , that's a "success" already for both of us. I don't feel as though we cut any corners when it came to scouting and I'm sure the same will be said for the hunting.

Looks like tomorrow is pretty much a wash in the morning and strong winds in the afternoon. Sunday looks like the perfect moose hunting day. 1mph winds, and a low of 33 at day break. I like our chances of seeing a moose......... Again, I appreciate all the well wishes and support. Regardless if we fill our tag or not, I'm sure I'll have a report worth reading by the end of the month. Good luck to all that are bear and deer hunting. Stay safe and I'll check in when I can.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Best of luck Shawn. Us non-permit holders will be living vicariously through your reports. Take tons of pictures! Can’t wait to hear about the adventure!

BDB

Reaction score
good luck, looking forward to seeing the reports as they come in. I drew a tag 4 years ago and it was an amazing experience!

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be an adventure if you tagged out opening morning. Good luck down the home stretch, hoping for the best for you.

Latest posts