NH Hunter 2020 Moose Hunt

NH Hunter

Reaction score
My sub permittee and I have been trying to get out checking cuts for the last 4 weekends. Checking to see how much stuff has grown up, where moose were feeding last season, trying to see if there are any residents and setting a few cameras. We checked cams for the first time yesterday after a 3 week soak and were happy to find this guy hanging around. We have two ,different bulls , a cow and a calf pretty regularly also.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
He's a beauty!!! Are you finding lots of sign?
My permit is in my home town. So yes finding heavy feeding sign from last season which is kind of what I’m looking for over seeing moose where they are living now. This particular area is pretty unique in the fact they don’t have to leave regardless of time of year. It has a small bog at the lower end of it and a good size beaver bog north of it. We found a low muddy spot where I could see where the cow and calf had laid in the mud the day before.

I deer hunted this area very heavy in 2017 seeing 11 different moose. All the camera action showed them coming up from the swampy area and walking the skid roads

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Pulled a card today and happy to see this guy is still in the area. 42 days to go, I hope he sticks around!!

Latest posts