New Truck

Browseline

Reaction score
I had to modify my old cap by adding 1.5 inches to the height at the base so the back door of the cap closed on top of the curved tailgate instead of against it. I also bought a new brush guard as my old one won't fit. So the truck looks a little different now. I like this Tacoma better than any I've had. It is bigger than my last one and all dimensions are within an inch or 2 of my old 2005 tundra. It also rides much better than my other Tacoma's. I have the old brush guard in my garage which fits a 2005 thru 2015 Tacoma that I will sell for $175. No dents and no rust with all the bolts and attachments. It is like my new one which was $485 with shipping.

Attachments

Fixed blade

Reaction score
I had to modify my old cap by adding 1.5 inches to the height at the base so the back door of the cap closed on top of the curved tailgate instead of against it. I also bought a new brush guard as my old one won't fit. So the truck looks a little different now. I like this Tacoma better than any I've had. It is bigger than my last one and all dimensions are within an inch or 2 of my old 2005 tundra. It also rides much better than my other Tacoma's. I have the old brush guard in my garage which fits a 2005 thru 2015 Tacoma that I will sell for $175. No dents and no rust with all the bolts and attachments. It is like my new one which was $485 with shipping.
Looks pretty sweet! What brush guard is that on there?

BearHunter

Reaction score
2005 Tacoma V6 189,000 miles no engine or Trans work.
Toyota replaced the rusted out frame. Replaced the bumpers, 3 inch lift, added winch.
Good for another couple of hundred thousand miles.
CEAF498C-C44C-4578-8A59-B687C4555748.jpg
C38E3800-6B53-4E06-88CC-072FBB169C67.jpeg

longbow

Reaction score
I'm actually looking at a Tacoma TRD Pro. Might keep the Ford as my around town truck and have a nice reliable new vehicle for trips etc. Not sure if I should lease or buy. Probably put on less than 10,000 per year.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I'm actually looking at a Tacoma TRD Pro. Might keep the Ford as my around town truck and have a nice reliable new vehicle for trips etc. Not sure if I should lease or buy. Probably put on less than 10,000 per year.
If making the monthly payment on a purchase is not an issue, it almost always makes better financial sense to buy. Think about the flip side(the manufacturer). They are setting the residual value or what they determine what the vehicle will be worth at turn in time. You can either pay the difference between purchase price and residual value in rent, or to own.

Of course there here are some gray to it, as at time purchase price on a lease is lower than what you could buy for cash when they are liquidating some models(Toyota does not do this). Leasing makes sense if it’s for a business from a tax accounting basis, or if you want to drive a fancy expensive ride for a few short years at a fraction of the monthly payment.

Last edited:

longbow

Reaction score
If making the monthly payment on a purchase is not an issue, it almost always makes better financial sense to buy. Think about the flip side(the manufacturer). They are setting the residual value or what they determine what the vehicle will be worth at turn in time. You can either pay the difference between purchase price and residual value in rent, or to own.

Of course there here are some gray to it, as at time purchase price on a lease is lower than what you could buy for cash when they are liquidating some models(Toyota does not do this). Leasing makes sense if it’s for a business from a tax accounting basis, or if you want to drive a fancy expensive ride for a few short years at a fraction of the monthly payment.
Thanks for the info! Never leased before always thought along what you said.