New Truck(Pics)

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
We all know that if they give you a lot on your trade they might not take much off the new truck. The truck was 51,200 and I got it for 44,000. I was ready to pay 46,500 but a couple weeks before the truck was delivered I got a private cash offer in the mail from Ford for another 2500 off.

UltraTec

Reaction score
nice! Damn that truck is long. If you need extra $$ you could always use it as a school bus...
I ended up buying a new truck in May. My 2012 Nissan Frontier had 170,000 on it. I was prepared to run it another year and purchase next year. Then a friend told me about the deals Chevy was offering at the time...so I looked...
2020 Silverado 1500. Sticker price was $43,500. Had a $6k Factory Rebate, $2k dealer rebate, $2k Healthcare Worker Rebate and 7 years no interest financing. Then they gave me $6k for my truck...
So, I financed $27.5k for the 7 years and am making double payments on it. Should have it paid off in about 2.5 years
truck.jpg

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
nice! Damn that truck is long. If you need extra $$ you could always use it as a school bus...
I ended up buying a new truck in May. My 2012 Nissan Frontier had 170,000 on it. I was prepared to run it another year and purchase next year. Then a friend told me about the deals Chevy was offering at the time...so I looked...
2020 Silverado 1500. Sticker price was $43,500. Had a $6k Factory Rebate, $2k dealer rebate, $2k Healthcare Worker Rebate and 7 years no interest financing. Then they gave me $6k for my truck...
So, I financed $27.5k for the 7 years and am making double payments on it. Should have it paid off in about 2.5 years
View attachment 23825
Great deal! Does that have the 5.3 V-8? Great engines

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes it’s long, probably won’t look quite as long after I put the lift and bigger tires on it. Just ordered everything yesterday BDS 4 inch lift and 38 inch tires /new rims. They told me it’s going to take about three weeks for the lift to come in.

tobydog

Reaction score
Yes it’s long, probably won’t look quite as long after I put the lift and bigger tires on it. Just ordered everything yesterday BDS 4 inch lift and 38 inch tires /new rims. They told me it’s going to take about three weeks for the lift to come in.
38" tires...:) wow. truck is going to look huge when you are done with it.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
View attachment 23825
I bought one in April and was very happy with it until this afternoon. My display is no longer working for my radio. I can hear music, but just a black screen. Back up camera works, but the back up lines or two options for trailer or back up assist are not showing.

I called the dealership to find out if there is an easy fix. I was told they need to "update" my truck with a laptop. It will be a hour and a half process. To say I'm pissed right now is an understatement!!! I bought a new truck with a warranty hoping to not have to dick around with repairs for at least a couple years. it dramatically defeats the purpose of owning a new vehicle. Not to mention , WTF are we doing to vehicles when they need to be "updated" electronically? it's not a F-ing cell phone!!!

This issue better be a one time correction, but it didn't sound like it when talking to the service manager. I can't imagine if it happens again when the truck has 37k miles on it and this "repair" costs me a nickel. Losing time pisses me off bad enough, but time and money is twice as bad. Hope you don't have the same issue Keith. He did tell me he's seen a "few trucks" with this issue. I couldn't get a number out of him to see how common it's been. 6 month old truck, 12k miles and already pissing me off with 6.5 years to pay on it. Oh Goody!!!!! I guess I could always back it into the lake and tell the insurance company "My back up camera didn't beep so I just kept going"o_O😂

UltraTec

Reaction score
Well I paid extra for the 100k "wrap" warranty that covers everything including electronics. Hopefully I wont have any problems

Latest posts